• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom campaign quitting unexpectedly. Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So I'm new to the whole mods and custom campaigns thing and I am hopeless when it comes coding so i was hoping I could get some help. I don't even know if this is the right forum to post this.

I have recently began trying to play some of the custom campaigns that are present on this site and I have been having some problems, that I am sure are on my end then the custom campaigns in question.

I am currently using a mac and i have check that the version i am using is patch 1.27,
when it comes to some campaigns the program quits unexpectedly when I click on certain heroes or attempt to view their abilities (such as when I have attempted to play the days of the dragon campaign), the game quits when i attempt to test the first two classes in chapter one or when I attempt to view the abilities when I have that class selected)

The game also quit when I select certain heroes, such as later in the first chapter it quits when I attempt to view the ranger hero. this happens in other campaigns as well so it's not just this one.
The last problem is that for some of them I can't even make it past the loading screen, for the lord of the clan's campaign and the curse of the forsaken campaign the game quits out when loading the first chapter.

These custom campaigns look really really interesting so I hope that someone can help me sort out my screwy computer.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
You could set one more tag: Mac and put that in the title too. There aren't very many Macintosh users that play Warcraft III here, from what I know, but they might be able to help you if they saw the Mac word.
Does it happen to every campaign you try to play or a specific one? Can you play the normal game's campaign without problems?

You might also want to check this thread:
[Misc] - Warcraft III on Wineskin (Mac)

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The last problem is that for some of them I can't even make it past the loading screen, for the lord of the clan's campaign and the curse of the forsaken campaign the game quits out when loading the first chapter.
Last I heard these symptoms, the cause was that the campaign had been saved with a dated version of Warcraft III. The fix, if I recall correctly, was to load the campaign and save all maps individually.

Last edited:
Level 1
You could set one more tag: Mac and put that in the title too. There aren't very many Macintosh users that play Warcraft III here, from what I know, but they might be able to help you if they saw the Mac word.
Does it happen to every campaign you try to play or a specific one? Can you play the normal game's campaign without problems?

You might also want to check this thread:
[Misc] - Warcraft III on Wineskin (Mac)
Thank you very much, I had no idea that you had to use a wineskin, i was just using the game straight from the mac installer, Its working now. thank you for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.