• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
If you want it to launch when player left-clicks somewhere, then create a trigger that checks left clicks and launch an effect when it happens.

Before you launch the missile, check wall collision for the entire path and end the missile movement there (I assume walls don't move, so checking them at any time would give same result).
Then, just add buff to the missile unit, that periodically checks whether a unit is around and if it is, then it damages the unit and destroys itself.

Level 17
If you want it to launch when player left-clicks somewhere, then create a trigger that checks left clicks and launch an effect when it happens.

Before you launch the missile, check wall collision for the entire path and end the missile movement there (I assume walls don't move, so checking them at any time would give same result).
Then, just add buff to the missile unit, that periodically checks whether a unit is around and if it is, then it damages the unit and destroys itself.

I have absolutely no idea how to do that(The launch effect) I can add the validators and buffs to the missile, but how do I order the unit to launch the missile and not auto attack?

Level 17
Thanks allot, will try it now

Edit

@Mort

I tried working with the validators and buffs, but I cant figure it out. If possible, could you please explain to me how to add the validators and buffs to the effect, if its not to much trouble to ask for, or just direct me to a tutorial.

Thanks in advance

Xiliger

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.