• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Current set of work if anyone wants to help out ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
This is what I'm going to be updating in the next few days hopefully ;O.

TradeEvent -> Resource, Trade done
PlayerManager done
Cmd (eventually)
Gcsn (eventually) -> a whole slew of dif libs working on Bounty atm
SetUnitTypeId
Work on retrieving $FILENAME$ in lua >.< don't care anymore
Work towards installation of lua scripts rather than macros done
Work on Spawn
Work on AntiCheat (though it doesn't seem very useful now, just something cool)
Work on spellbook lua script that wraps abils in spellbooks
UnitState
Buff

Many of these updates are just moving to my Event script. Some people have stated that they love the unregister feature in j4l's Event, sooo.... this further widens the gap between me and j4l ;o.

If anyone wants to help with this stuff, especially the damn retrieval of $FILENAME$ in lua, that'd be awesome ;D.

This is just so people see what I'm working on since I have a crazy amount of resources on this site and some people follow them.

I would also do a projectile system that could easily run off of CreateUnit, but I think that Bribe beat me to it ; P.

I'll eventually get to the Bonus crap too (running off of the lua scripts : |.

Then I need to write a Morale systems, which runs on Bonus. Check out Dynasty Warriors Emipires if you want to see Morale.

Then there is a unit command system that can issue an order to a unit, but that unit's own abilities and leadership command the units under it. You may issue a squad order, but this'll hopefully bring about more realistic RTS combat.

Some things to do with this include-
Unit Consumption (supplies)
Heat/Cold effect on Unit (more supplies for protection)
Relaying Commands (messengers)

This'll really pave the way for better RTS games. Yes, I've yet to see an online PC game that does this stuff /cry.

So yea, those are just my plans in case anyone's interested in helping out ;P.

I might eventually update StringParser to add a new special char supertype (supporting +, -, etc), and perhaps will write out a native/math/var lib for StringParser (possibly for debugging and to help people learn JASS or learn about a native).

This will probably lead to a StringBind library for functions.

Interesting Notes
In a trade, the giver's gold is rededuced and then the taker's gold is increased.

When bounty occurs, first the unit is damaged, then the bounty is given, then the unit is killed.

Last edited:
Level 31
What the hell is this? I don't think anybody loves you this much Nestharus lol.

I just helped Bribe a ton with his new Damage libs last night ; (.

Finally, a good Damage Detection Lib!! woohoo ;D.

Hope he submits soon. All he had left to do last night was the installation script and bonus life.

Believe me you, it has very little overhead and I made it so that he didn't couple with Damage Detection with the Damage Modification and going to try and make him write a lib with damage blocking and etc.

Level 31
Nestharus, you want to release it or should I? I don't think I'll be able to get it running before Monday.

I submitted DamageEvent, but the other one will need another script to work right. I sent you a pm with the details. Shall you make it? >: ).

Detecting the types of damage via JASS would be nicer than lua as retrieving the objects in a map in lua requires updating it every time an object is deleted or created ; |.

In fact, you can make damage type detection since I don't want to deal with it and I can make UnitState >: D.

Fuahahahaa

gl
JASS:
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_UNKNOWN             = ConvertDamageType(0)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL              = ConvertDamageType(4)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_ENHANCED            = ConvertDamageType(5)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_FIRE                = ConvertDamageType(8)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_COLD                = ConvertDamageType(9)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_LIGHTNING           = ConvertDamageType(10)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_POISON              = ConvertDamageType(11)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_DISEASE             = ConvertDamageType(12)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_DIVINE              = ConvertDamageType(13)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_MAGIC               = ConvertDamageType(14)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_SONIC               = ConvertDamageType(15)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_ACID                = ConvertDamageType(16)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_FORCE               = ConvertDamageType(17)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_DEATH               = ConvertDamageType(18)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_MIND                = ConvertDamageType(19)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_PLANT               = ConvertDamageType(20)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_DEFENSIVE           = ConvertDamageType(21)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_DEMOLITION          = ConvertDamageType(22)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_SLOW_POISON         = ConvertDamageType(23)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_SPIRIT_LINK         = ConvertDamageType(24)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_SHADOW_STRIKE       = ConvertDamageType(25)
    constant damagetype         DAMAGE_TYPE_UNIVERSAL           = ConvertDamageType(26)

Status
Not open for further replies.