• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CS Source v1.6 S n o w

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
dungeonseeker Presents

CS Source V1.6 S n o w
dungeonseeker

Map Info

First person shooter 6vs6 with 10 heros to choose from and 100+ unique abilities. Walk around in an immersive 3D environment as well as kill neutrals and enemies with a vengeance for blood.
Use the arrow keys (including the backarrow key to step backwards) to move in your 3D environment.
If, for any reason, you cannot view the hero picker board, simply type "-debug dialogue", and pick a hero.

Features

-Customize the weather and sky of your playing arena.
-Use scope to view a 3D fade filter of a scope aimer (available in this version).
-View the game from 5 different angles, including first person, third person, and more...!
-A white fadeout has been added to low health screens, indicating exhaustion (available in this version).
-All offensive spells/ guns create blood if hit accurately.
-Headshots and criticals are implemented. (They are based on left and right aiming).
-In addition, coins / hero inventory have been added as well as a role-playing wc3 element and neutral creeps (can be toggled on or off).
-A scoreboard keeps track of hero kills/ deaths/ coins collected. The first team with 100+ hero kills wins.
-Type -observer to enter observer mode. Once you become an observer, playing the game becomes off limits.

Some other stuff about map

Weather commands and music commands are available IN-game. Choose from a variety of wc3 music as well as up to 15 different weather commands.

Screenshots and Videos

Image Description:
Staring out into the blue sky.

210894-albums5104-picture51589.jpg

Image Description:
View from editor.
210894-albums5104-picture51591.jpg

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • killst4r for the tank model
  • happytauren for the sword model

all the beta testers from clan_UTK

Author's notes

gl and hf

Keywords:
Counter, strike, counterstrike, FPS, first, person, shooter, aim, aiming, aimer, sniper, rifle, scout, arena, half, life, half-life, CS, source, v1.6,
Contents

CS Source v1.6 S n o w (Map)

Reviews
Date: 2011/Oct/08 23:57:19 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Rejected Rating: 1/5 Unacceptable Rep Received: 0Reasons: Poor and lacking terrain: Terrain Tutorial The disabled versions of custom icons are not imported. Other: If you have any...

M

hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/08 23:57:19
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rating: 1/5 Unacceptable
Rep Received: 0
Reasons:
Poor and lacking terrain: Terrain Tutorial
The disabled versions of custom icons are not imported.

Other:
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: There's no in-game map description and no description of the map on the loading screen either.
The item carrier can build NE buildings, there's a barracks for no reason, missing disabled icons, spells don't have fitting icons (example Black magic: Human Castle?).
Also the terrain is very empty and flat.
The preview image's quality isn't that great either to attract users.
Your character can also still move around while dead and remove missing players from the multiboard.

Level 7
I'm sorry to say this, but this is a very poor-quality map:
- No proper map description in game
- Poor terrain, skill description, game explaination and such
- You put very many useless things into your map, which is short of many other needed things.
- The game actually CRASHED
You should learn more about map editing. You can do that via reading tutorials, or or learn from other maps/map makers.
Good luck

Level 5
I'm sorry to say this, but this is a very poor-quality map:
- No proper map description in game
- Poor terrain, skill description, game explaination and such
- You put very many useless things into your map, which is short of many other needed things.
- The game actually CRASHED
You should learn more about map editing. You can do that via reading tutorials, or or learn from other maps/map makers.
Good luck

What about playing the game? How was it? In-game delay, etc.?

As for the map, it is somewhat SPACED out because it's in 3D. Every distance looks smaller in 3D and overcrowding worsens ctrl movement. I added alot of "transparent-ish" doodads so they wouldn't get in the way. More cliffs only restrict movement, and I wanted to balance the game between air and ground heroes. What did you want me to add? I'm confused by your concern.

CS is still CS on an open plain?

I know depending on how long you play the game, closing the application might take awhile after-game, but there are no tutorials on how regions might affect after-game delay (all of them deal with IN-game delay). You've probably played the game awhile for the after-game delay to kick in (once you enter the score resolution screen).

I appreciate you're comments and concerns. I may be able to fix after-game delay, but the map will remain as it is, unless you tell me what it is it's missing. If you hope to be able to jump over rocks, etc. in 3D, that probably won't happen unless I change all the heroes to a floating one (due to a bug in the editor, collision is unchangeable for heroes with 0 movement speed).