• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cruiser Command v0n80rv

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Nameless presents

Cruiser Command (rv-e)
Nameless

Map Info:

This is made-from-scratch version of CC with some advanced features

Features:

Brand new damage system unified for cruisers, shields, vessels, and any other space objects.

Better vessels shield system that really protects them from damage instead of just regenerating their life 100500 times per sec.

Nothing is free. If u re mining u have to reroute energy to mining beam, other case u wont get any minerals. Refining is free? Nope. It constantly consumes cruiser power while active. Even light inside a cruiser requires some energy. Of course u can to disable any of the above systems and live in dark. Do u get vessels back overtime after they are destroed? Of coure u will NOT. But u can construct new one for money and construct more than 2.

Noob friendly and less random-depending mining system. Each asteroid contain all the ores, but their concentration is unique for every asteroid. You will no longer stay helpless if newbies stolen the vessels because u have mining console now by default.

Proper damage description for turrets, yamato, primary and fighter laser weapons. You no longer need a calculator no know their damage after upgrades or overcharge.

Being a pilot is now more dangerous. If your spacecraft is destroyed and has no escape pods upgrade your corpse will stay in space until someone picks it up. The same thing will happen if escape pod destroyed. So invest more money into safety. Due to this feature corpses will never decompose.

No more the same robots with different costs for every routine. You can construct only 1 and switch it's AI between 3 types when needed.

Brand new collision system. Your cruiser will never phase thought another one nor at low speed nor at engine boost. Cruiser shields do act as weapon at closer range and protect from taking damage from collisions or final expositions.

Different access system with more possibilities. It allows to set crew member permission to every single console or any single door regardless of his hostility. Do not deny access for yourself.

Some else stuff about map:

It's a clone of original CC but it will be developed according to my own vision, suggestions are welcome, but don't expect to see all the features of original map in this one.

Energy system
223052-albums6265-picture67761.jpg

Spacecraft energy settings
223052-albums6265-picture67762.jpg

Cruiser has no useless order buttons
223052-albums6265-picture67760.jpg

Change Log:

Version n80rv
Initial hive release
no changelog provided till first fully stable version

no changelog provided till first fully stable version (wait about a week)

Credits:

Special Thanks:
Models:
epsilon (hive)
Champara Bros (hive)
Suselishe (hive)
Sunchips (hive)
Trollschnitzel (hive)
ZippeR (hive)
Sean Beeson (Soundcloud)
killst4r (hive)
syc (hive)
olofmoleman (hive)
Kofi_Banan (hive)
Mc ! (hive)
anarchianbedlam (hive)
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
RedShift?
_-nexXxor-_ (hive)
If your model used in the map then let me know

Author's notes:

The reason why this map was created is annoying bugs of original version that weren't fixed for years. Even now, when its creator[? editor] continued it, they are still present. (I'm sure u all know about bugged debug[!] commands). Also few months ago he rejected my participation and help with original map, so no credits given to him. On the other hand i wanted much more control over cruiser crew and energy and some humor that he would never add into his map.

If u think that i just edited his map then deprotect them both and compare. The only similar thing is particularly reused abilities description.

Your can see different name as map author, but this is only because that name was taken on hive.

Good sense of humor is recommended to play this map!

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
cruiser, space, star craft, access system, consoles
Contents

Cruiser Command v0n80rv (Map)

Reviews
21:05, 5th Apr 2013 Orcnet: Hello there, since the map is very/half similar to the original, it would be nice if you can give proof that the real map maker had agree to branch out his map but since he rejected it, I'm sorry to say this won't end well

M

21:05, 5th Apr 2013
Orcnet: Hello there, since the map is very/half similar to the original, it would be nice if you can give proof that the real map maker had agree to branch out his map but since he rejected it, I'm sorry to say this won't end well