• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crozius Arcanum

Made with Oinkerwinkle's Vertex Modifier. In-game textures.

This is the Space Marine Chaplain's staff of office, the Crozius Arcanum (essentially a winged-skull mace). I would recommend using the Orb of Lightning to go with the attachment in-game, since the Crozius is after all, a power weapon.

Keywords:
Dawn of War, Crozius, Chaplain, Space Marine
Contents

Crozius Arcanum (Model)

Reviews
[APPROVED] January 19th, 2007 Works nicely ingame, 4/5. --donut3.5--

M

[APPROVED]
January 19th, 2007
Works nicely ingame, 4/5.
--donut3.5--

Level 10
The screeny def looks nice, I don't have the time right now to test though =(. Gj!

Level 13
A crozious arcanum is an ancient weapon used by the forces of the Adeptus astartes and other various persons of importance in the fantasy world of Warhammer 40,000. In this universe, the crozious's give the bearer a dual purpose, one, they act as a sort of energy/force mace, which does a great deal of damage, and two as a personal sheild against all but extreme damage such as multiple explosives ect).

Level 15
Pyramidhe@d, your Space Marine model has 2 sets of combat animations.. one looks like he's holding a 2-handed weapon, the other looks like he's holding a bolt-pistol with optional chainsword. I think the Crozius would fit with it for now... atleast until someone steps up and makes a Chaplain model. Oh, and btw, don't Librarians also carry these?

to The Curse
hey if you are not gonna make a chaplain, do you mind if i add it to the list of things to make?

talking about librarians, i should add that too if nobody minds and nobody else is already making them. and they carry this massive hammer thing i think.
and with my marine model, it has no attachment points for now. i am only finalising on shape and animation.

hmm.. my bad. according to my bro, librarians have a flag pole/staff with eagle and a banner thingy on top.

Last edited:
Level 3
Nah, I don't mind, besides my skill level currently isn't enough to make a full chaplain animated and everything anyway. People could use more Wh40k models around, we've been waiting for quite some time. :grin:

Btw, you could make a librarian's staff out of this if you remove one of the mace flanges (?) / spikes, readjust the other two flanges' positions, and lengthen the shaft a bit. As far as I know, the eagle pattern is DoW-exclusive, the normal librarians seem to be carrying the winged-skull pattern more often. Not sure why, angel of death motif maybe.

Level 15
and with my marine model, it has no attachment points for now.

That's the only problem. The ONLY existing Space Marine model has no attachment points..

OFFTOPIC-And about Dawn of War.. it's the thing that made me want to become part of -well, at least try- Warhammer 40k. Which is why I don't know how the real Librarian staff looks-ONTOPIC

Level 1
Model is great and works perfect.

Now we need just a chaplain model :p

EDIT: Ahh, can somebody tell me how to attach it to a unit.Can't do it even with model-editor ...

(Too stupid :p)

Last edited:
Level 3
wow gj with that mace, i use it in my map, ill credit you ;) 5/5
World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King
1022285805_ba4c790444.jpg

Terrain |||||||||| 100%
Lich King |||||||||| 60%
RPG System |||||||||| 40%
Doodads |||||||||| 80%
COMING SOON Launch is dated on 24.12.2008. :spell_breaker: