• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crocolisk (for Reforged)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
A crocolisk (sometimes referred to simply as a croc) is a six-legged, amphibious, reptilian predator found in coastal waters that bears much resemblance to a basilisk or the real-life crocodile.

Archaeologists believe they may be descended from the diemetradons of Un'Goro Crater. After studying the crocolisk species for several years, the famed angler Nat Pagle determined that baby crocolisks are mostly harmless. Crocolisks are powerful amphibious predators common in most regions of Azeroth, attacking unwary adventurers sailing their waterways. Crocolisks are usually found near bodies of water such as rivers, marshes and lakes.

This bundle includes models, textures, and icons for 5 color variants. It has blood splats, sounds, and footprints. It can be used on land or in water with swim animations. Tamplier assisted in adjusting the animations for swimming and decay flesh. This model was requested by ShadiHD for the Chronicles of the Second War custom campaign. Please visit their page and try out the demo, the project is well worth your time and support.

Update 1 3/20/2022 - Cinematic death added, replacing Death 1. Decay not always matching death animation resolved.
Update 2 3/30/2022 - Updated skins for more detail using tone mapping.

Intended to be used in Warcraft 3: Reforged. Please credit Blizzard if you use this model. You may also credit Symphoneum and Tamplier for porting the model. This bundle was ported by Symphoneum from WoW assets using wow.export, GIMP, Materialize, Taylor Mouse's Warcraft III Reforged Art Tools for 3D Studio Max, and Retera's Model Studio 0.43 and 0.5_TwilacsNowIn3D_08. The icon uses full art from the River Crocolisk card in Hearthstone.
Previews
Contents

Crocolisk (Blue) (Model)

Crocolisk (Brown) (Model)

Crocolisk (for Reforged) (Model)

Crocolisk (Green) (Model)

Crocolisk (Icon) (Icon)

Crocolisk (Pale) (Model)

@Symphoneum will correct me if I'm wrong, but this is one of the newer crocolisk models, not from Vanilla WoW, so it's higher quality.
That is correct. Though unfortunately they have not updated this model for some time. I think it’s high poly enough for reforged but only barely. With the pbr textures it looks really good!

Level 12
You are right. It is the the newer crocolisk model. But if put near a similar Reforged creature, like the Snap Dragon, its ugliness is too apparent.

You are right. It is the the newer crocolisk model. But if put near a similar Reforged creature, like the Snap Dragon, its ugliness is too apparent.
You do not need to use it if you don’t want to. I like it and I’m ok with how it looks. Your opinion is subjective to your tastes and that’s fine.