• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Creeps returning to their initial point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Rightio, not been in this site for a good time but i decided to start using World editor again and it appears to confuse me slightly.

I've made a basic trigger so that a certain player's units attack move to a certain position on the map and they do move, however once they have killed the first units that they face they decide run back to where they first stood.

Do i need to make a complicated trigger to make this happen, or what am i missing?

Hope to hear from someone here soon, and thanks for reading my post :as:

Last edited:
Level 13
what if the melee AI isnt even ran/on in his game? that wont still work will it.. what if its just basic computer wc functions making the units return to their 'guard position'. I had this problem a while back in my game and they dont run away when fighting a unit but when they get low health and towers/any building are attacking them then they run away to there spawning place. Still havent found a way to fix that :/

Level 29
what if the melee AI isnt even ran/on in his game? that wont still work will it.. what if its just basic computer wc functions making the units return to their 'guard position'. I had this problem a while back in my game and they dont run away when fighting a unit but when they get low health and towers/any building are attacking them then they run away to there spawning place. Still havent found a way to fix that :/

Run Melee or not, "AI - Ignore (UNIT)'s guard position" will still work even if it's low on health...

In the sample map, there is test1 and test2...

Attachments

• testAI.w3x
    17.4 KB · Views: 87
Level 4
Thanks for the answers people, forgot about this thread... Been really busy lately.

I'll try your solution then Mckill, hopefully it works even for player ai :)

Thank you once again for replying!

Status
Not open for further replies.