• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

creeps respawn - plz help its easy question im sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
how to make creeps respawn with JASSNEWGEN and World Editor, what i need to do so some certain creeps respawns after death?

plz do not give me a custom text script

Level 2
The most simple way is this:
  • respawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees

Level 4
The most simple way is this:
  • respawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees

ty is there a way to make it timed? like after 6 secs the unit respawns etc, if yes does the unit drops the items it has to after 6 secs too, if yes i need normal drop system means based on luck etc.. and also how to make the revived unit have a system of items which shall drop after its death ? and the rect i made must touch the water too, how to make it so the respawn of creeps wont touch the water at all?

I think about the after 6 secs spawn I can do
  • respawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 6.00 seconds
at Actions category, will it work?

Last edited:

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
how to make creeps respawn with JASSNEWGEN

plz do not give me a custom text script

nV6Qk.jpg

Level 4
if i got it right you are ironic on me for saying those two stuff

129193762900667636.jpg

yeah you got it right, i want a trigger with jassnewgen, anything you want expect custom text script, theres some triggers that works for jassnewgen/World Editor Unlimited but not normal World Editor thats why I said jassnewgen read before talking please. I said jassnewgen/WEU because jassnewgen includes WEU if you set it too.

and World Editor,
and stills, custom trigger text doesnt works in world editor does it? , hard to understand huh?
/double facepalm

well if i got it wrong and you dont say it ironic to me but something else well im sry, im not in your mind to know what you mean by some pictures into a post behind a computer sry

Level 14
yeah you got it right, i want a trigger with jassnewgen, anything you want expect custom text script, theres some triggers that works for jassnewgen/World Editor Unlimited but not normal World Editor thats why I said jassnewgen read before talking please. I said jassnewgen/WEU because jassnewgen includes WEU if you set it too.

So basically what you're saying is that you WANT a trigger that doesn't work in the standard World Editor but does work in JassNewGenPack. Do you even know why it doesn't work in the World Editor...? That's right! Its because there are extra actions added to the trigger editor that the normal World Editor doesn't have (extra actions that are created in Jass, which you can also accomplished by using Jass in the first place in the normal World Editor...)
There is really no need to use customized triggers since they already exist in Jass in the first place.

CrackBam said:
and stills, custom trigger text doesnt works in world editor does it?

Wow, hold your horses. You're saying that custom trigger text/Custom script (which is actually Jass) can not be used in the standard World Editor?
Without Jass you wouldn't even be abled to use GUI triggers, since they exist of Jass...
/Tripple Facepalm

CrackBam said:
well if i got it wrong and you dont say it ironic to me but something else well im sry, im not in your mind to know what you mean by some pictures into a post behind a computer sry

JassNewgenPack was created to help improve users who know Jass by adding for example syntax highlighting and a bunch of other usefull stuff to make it easyer to write Jass.
He meant that not using "custom text script" makes no sense since JNGP was created for that reason...
Really, linking JassNewGenPack with (GUI) in the first place, is plain stupid...

I used JNG before I learned jass because of other things like no doodad limit or increased number of tiles, so please give guy a break.

If you don't know or don't want to help stay away from such threads, you have off topic forums go spam there.

• Respawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Knight
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Rifleman
              • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Flying Machine
        • Then - Actions
          • Set p = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at p facing Default building facing degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_p)
        • Else - Actions
This is simple respawn system, it will respawn all units of some type for player after 10 seconds on their dying positions.

Level 14
I used JNG before I learned jass because of other things like no doodad limit or increased number of tiles, so please give guy a break.

If you don't know or don't want to help stay away from such threads, you have off topic forums go spam there.

Sorry, I guess you're right :/

Level 2
If 2 units died in those 6 seconds your trigger would start a new wait and the first unit would be forgotten. The second unit would still respawn.

If 3 units died in those 6 seconds your trigger would start 2 new waits and the first two units would be forgotten. The third unit would still respawn.

You would have to make each unit unique by storing it in a unit array, example:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 128, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • unit[(Integer A)] Equal to (Dying unit)
            • Then - Actions
              • Set unit[(Integer A)] = (Dying unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Time - Every 6.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of unit[(Integer A)]) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set unit[(Integer A)] = No unit

Note that these 2 triggers create i think 128 leaks every 6 seconds. If you want to remove the leaks find the leaks thread on hive.
These 2 triggers can hold up to 128 units in a six second period.

ty is there a way to make it timed? like after 6 secs the unit respawns etc, if yes does the unit drops the items it has to after 6 secs too, if yes i need normal drop system means based on luck etc.. and also how to make the revived unit have a system of items which shall drop after its death ? and the rect i made must touch the water too, how to make it so the respawn of creeps wont touch the water at all?

I think about the after 6 secs spawn I can do
  • respawn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 6.00 seconds
at Actions category, will it work?

If 2 units died in those 6 seconds your trigger would start a new wait and the first unit would be forgotten. The second unit would still respawn.

If 3 units died in those 6 seconds your trigger would start 2 new waits and the first two units would be forgotten. The third unit would still respawn.

You would have to make each unit unique by storing it in a unit array, example:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • unit[(Integer A)] Equal to (Dying unit)
            • Then - Actions
              • Set unit[(Integer A)] = (Dying unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Time - Every 6.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of unit[(Integer A)]) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set unit[(Integer A)] = No unit

Note that these 2 triggers create i think 128 leaks every 6 seconds. If you want to remove the leaks find the leaks thread on hive.
These 2 triggers can hold up to 128 units in a six second period.
That's why I use triggering unit.
There is no need for indexing here, it will work just fine.
Test it and see it for yourself.

There is only 1 bug, if wait time is larger than corpse decay time unit will be removed from the game and GetTriggerUnit() will return null.

Level 4
So basically what you're saying is that you WANT a trigger that doesn't work in the standard World Editor but does work in JassNewGenPack. Do you even know why it doesn't work in the World Editor...? That's right! Its because there are extra actions added to the trigger editor that the normal World Editor doesn't have (extra actions that are created in Jass, which you can also accomplished by using Jass in the first place in the normal World Editor...)
There is really no need to use customized triggers since they already exist in Jass in the first place.

Wow, hold your horses. You're saying that custom trigger text/Custom script (which is actually Jass) can not be used in the standard World Editor?
Without Jass you wouldn't even be abled to use GUI triggers, since they exist of Jass...
/Tripple Facepalm

JassNewgenPack was created to help improve users who know Jass by adding for example syntax highlighting and a bunch of other usefull stuff to make it easyer to write Jass.
He meant that not using "custom text script" makes no sense since JNGP was created for that reason...
Really, linking JassNewGenPack with (GUI) in the first place, is plain stupid...

spamming is not neccesary, bcz all you did is saying what i said again and verifying my statement

Level 4
oh crap, oh i know thats not the way i can learn how to trigger but can u make me a map so i copy/paste the trigger please and ty for the understanding kobas +rep for that ill give u more if u help me about the trigger's map too

and something more, is the trigger includes that same items drops that was setted from double-clicking the hostile unit? if not then how to do that? can u add it in your trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.