• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creep Respawning System

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
This is a simple system that allow you to make creeps respawn.

The variables:
* CreepRespawn_CustomValue : that integer represent the value that allow system to save a custom value on creeps.
* CreepRespawn_Hashtable : that variable represent the hashtable where the system save some initial values of the creeps.
* CreepRespawn_RespawnDelay : that real represent the delay before respawning (default: 10.00, you can change this variable).

This system is free to use, but don't forgot to credit me, even if this is a very simple system.

Enjoy !
Contents

Creep Respawning System (Map)

Reviews
Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to CreepRespawn_CustomValue This line would interfere with Unit Indexer systems, which most maps use. I would recommend using a unit indexer that is already on THW, and never edit custom value yourself, at...

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Why another Creep Spawning System? We already have lots of them, and this one doesn't even have anything special. Sorry buddy but this won't be approved since there are many of this type and as you said, very simple system. I could do this system in 10 minutes.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

• Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to CreepRespawn_CustomValue
This line would interfere with Unit Indexer systems, which most maps use. I would recommend using a unit indexer that is already on THW, and never edit custom value yourself, at least not in a system.

Also, you're leaking that group you made there. Either save it to a variable and destroy it, or use bj_wantDestroyGroup to destroy it. It only happens once so it's not a big deal, but 0 leaks is better than 1.

• Wait CreepRespawn_RespawnDelay seconds
Waits are not good to have because there are bugs related to them. Unfortunately the only good way to avoid Wait is to use vjass TimerUtils. I would really recommend learning vjass anyways though, as it will greatly increase your code quality.