• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

"Creep Respawn"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey all i got a proplem :emote_party:

Im decently new to map making i figured out alot of triggers but now monster respawn and any help would be appriciated.

Level 40
  • Respawn
  • Events
    • Unit - A Unit Dies
  • Conditions
    • (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) Equal to (Neutral Hostile)
  • Actions
    • Wait (time) Seconds
    • Set loc = Position of (Triggering Unit)
    • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-Type of (Triggering Unit)) for (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) at loc Facing (Facing Angle of (Triggering Unit)) Degrees
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_loc )
Where loc is a global Point variable

Level 3
So if the enemy is player 12 could it like

Unit-A unit owned by player 12(brown) dies

Also can i add a region into it like
Unit- A <reg> and not just a single unit

Level 12
the loc that he set is a variable of the type "point" that he created. To create variables, find the little green X in the trigger editor, then it wil open another menu. Find the X+ and then you can set the properties of your variable. He sets the point so it gets stored for the trigger to use later. Also, I would set loc first before the wait, idk why but I always do.

Last edited:
Level 3
If I may add-on to this: So, I'm also making creeps on my maps and upon seeing this thread, I was somewhat confused about the "unit" part of:
unit - unit dies. So does that mean that I have to make a separate event for each type of hostile creep? For example: Okay, so my gang of creep consists of 2 Murlock Nightcrawlers and a Dark Troll Shadow Priest. So in the Trigger Editor, would I set one unit event for the troll priest and a separate one for the Murlocks? or is there a way to make a SINGLE event for both the murlocks and the priest?

Level 11
Purpy, your trigger could be better with the event:
Unit owned by Neutral Hostile dies
without any conidtion.
But you probably know the GREAT disadvantage of that "system":
It resurrects creeps where they die, and not where they were placed initially. Creeps can even get far from their camp...

If you have hostile creeps (Neutral Hostile) placed at the WE initially (not at map initialization or in-game), you can use my system:
Creep Respawn System

Status
Not open for further replies.