• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creature Defense v.1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Creature Defense v1.0

Hi, i am human-master112 and i am submitting my Creatures Defense Map
i am a highly trained map maker and a former Blizzard Map maker.

Basic Concepts of my map
Their is 3 people on each side
7 races to choose from (human,orc,undead,night elf,Demon,Drainie,Troll)
24 heros to choose from
How to win: each base on each side must be turned into a surrendered base by killing each base on each side. first one to do so will be victorious
-each race has 6 sendable units and some with personal abilitys.
-heros go up to level 10 right now (tell me if i should change it to 15-25)
-bases have low health so that the game dosent stretch on for hours (basic game length <5-25 minutes (matters on skill level)>

I am 99% sure that my map will be rejected the first couple or so times; but im completly fine with that. just tell me what i have to change or ideas and i will consider/change mostly to all of them.
thanks
your map-maker human-master112
Map maker- human-master112

Keywords:
creatures,medieval,strategy
Contents

Creature Defense v.1.0 (Map)

Reviews
11:22, 8th Dec 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 28
First things first: the map must have a valid author name, it can never be approved without one (Scenario -> map description -> "author").
The type shouldn't be Tower Defense, as there are no towers (in fact: why defense? You need to kill bases, right?)

Objects:
There's a lot to do here.
You didn't give heroes different proper names, you didn't even change the attributes (I could clearly see of which hero you based them, by just looking at the attributes and/or their proper name).
You must customize the heroes, make them different from the regular ones.

The spells are also very lacking: most heroes (if not all) only have 2 standard spells.
Spells are crucial to hero-games, just taking the blizzard spells is a really easy and cheap way out.

You focus on quantity WAY too much, you've got so many heroes, but not one of them is any good!
How about you reduce the number of heroes to... let's say 4 or 5 and actually put some effort into making those 4-5 heroes playable?
Quality > quantity, always and ever - do not be mistaken there, it'll cost you.

Gameplay:
This was downright horrible at the moment.

At the beginning, I picked "All Random", got the tuskarian and a hero chooser.
So I picked

Then I made some mountain giants, archers etc (units in general), they spawned near the mode choose-circles, so I picked "All-random" another... 10-20 times or so, so I got all heroes and all races. For 3 gold per hero and race (as an archer costs 3 gold), not bad, not bad at all.

I repeated this a few times, got about 100 heroes until I thought it was enough.
At this point, the game got completely useless.
I completely crushed any resistance I came across.

There's no need to continue this story, you clearly need to fix this massive bug (did you even test the map yourself?)

Terrain:
Everything is flat and boring to look at.
You've put some geometrical shapes of dirt in an area, blizzard cliffs around the sides and you're done.
Obviously this isn't good enough: give the players something to look at, something enjoyable.

I'll stop here, the triggers also need to be completely redone, but the things previously mentioned will take so much time that the triggers are the least of your concerns (and this comes from someone who values triggers as one of the most important aspects of mapping, so I hope you realize just how much needs to be done).

If you think you're ready to update the map, leave me a message and I'll unlock the map.

Level 4
thanks, have a couple questions + comments;
Comments:
Heros are suppose to be "basic" because this isnt a hero type of game. they are jsut supporters and arnt suppose to have whacked out awsome abilitys (which i can make)
if you still think that it shud be done; it will
Terrian: your completly right, i have to fix the terrian by adding more doodads and such, i just rushed through it.
Hero Names: no biggy il do it ;)
Glitches: il fix the hero picker thing, minor glitch
Triggers: Ok, now this is when the answers start flowing, so i know theire may be alot of triggers that may cause game leaks "which so far their has been none out of the 37 practice runs i took", i would highly appreciate what needs to be fixed by adding variables or somthing. im kinda rusty at maps these days. so just give me a tutorial and it will be done
please reply and il work on a update asap.

your friend: human-master112

ps. i know how to change the map creator lolol

Level 28
I don't know who can change the author name and who can't, so I just said it in case... ^^

Another thing:
human-master112 said:
[...] triggers that may cause game leaks "which so far their has been none out of the 37 practice runs i took [...]
You don't notice leaks (memory leaks) in test-runs, triggers like yours cause memory leaks, undetectable little bastards (that is: until you've got too much of them, then you'll notice it... but it's also too late then).
You should read a little about it, just go to the tutorial section, press Ctrl + F and enter "leaks", you should find a few things ^^

(And how could you not notice that 'minor' glitch after 37 test-runs?)

Don't forget to change the stats of heroes as well!
And yes, make their skills better... having heroes in your map pretty much requires bad-ass spells.

Level 4
lol. the reason i didnt figure that glitch out is that becasue i just added it b4 i uploaded it, so thats why lol. do you have any tips on better types of triigering? cause thats how i was taught to do triggers. if it isnt a really big deal i would just like it to be kept as it is.
eh dont worry about this map, im giving up way to many glitches. im going to start on somthing different and make sure its good, and thanks buddy, il add rep. to you.

Last edited: