• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Creation of terrain using triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
You read it...
Is there anyway to form a complete landscape using triggers only? So people loading, are loading a completely empty map, with a bunch of triggers...
Triggers are much smaller and are loaded faster...

Then, when the game starts, players have to wait ten seconds, or a minute, I dno, so the triggers do their job and form the landscape (lag? :p)

I don't know if this would be possible... but it would be a breaktrough...
(Possibility of creating a program that converts terrain to triggers)

Any responses?

Level 6
There are no such triggers that i know... The only terrain editing i know of is add/remove blight, and terrain deformations. There might be advanced editors with this possibilities, or maybe you can skin the circle of power to grass or something, and then put destructibles (with triggers) with this model using X and Y positions.

Level 3
But would the map load faster? And smaller size?
It's worth trying it... I will let you know something if I know something :wink:

Level 13
Problem is that you will never be able to edit cliffs by trigger, I don't know any editor that is able to do that. Terrain deformation, doodads, units, regions...all this can be done, but not cliffs.

@Kesses: Alive again? :lol: Didn't post for a long time

Level 3
Problem is that you will never be able to edit cliffs by trigger, I don't know any editor that is able to do that. Terrain deformation, doodads, units, regions...all this can be done, but not cliffs.

Crappy... I was thinking the same...
Would an empty world, with only the cliffs in it (no trees/doodads) and a lot of triggers, be smaller then the world with them?
It should be about the same size, because a doodad on the map = a trigger in the warcraft map file that the program reads while loading to generate the tree... So it's practically the same...
But it would be more nice, since players could be chatting while loading...

But it probably isn't a good idea :) Sorry to have bothered u :p

And yes my dear DarkShadow ruler, I am alive, but not again, I was alive all the time... :wink:
I was in my exams and wasn't in a mood for coming here... But with the release of RotD campaign I was willing to visit it again... I will help where I can :wink:

Level 8
You could use elevator doodads to create cliffs. If you place a Pathing Blocker (ground) on them they'll behave like them.
You might either be able to terrain deform the land up to the level of the walls, or just create entire platforms of elevators.

Status
Not open for further replies.