• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating our world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Allright. Not much has been made for it, not the areas or anything in it really. All I really know is some trashy kingdom who knows where. I want ideas. Wild ideas. Something abnormal. Yeah. Like boom!

Here is some.. BASIS!

The world of Aiya, the once so rich and fertile world.
No more what it was on the day the portals first opened, and brought the denizens of different worlds here, to leech the yields of these lands for their masters.

But one day something happened, the world was cut off from the rest of the universe, isolating it from everything, nobody knew why this had happened...
But all knew what was to be done, to wage war and battle over the dominance of this newfound world and its riches.

It was the time of chaos and anarchy.
The time when the rise of the great Shadath Empire commenced under the rule of the nameless First Emperor.

So began the age of humans, for a hundred years this lasted, the glamour of the rich and beautiful human race, the oppression of the lesser races and the poor.
The world was still young and there was much left to discover but the Empire was strict and did not want to discover something from which it could not run to a different world.

Years passed, and slowly the Empire turned to decadence and decay.
Now, this corrupt shell of a once proud imperium stands as a monument to the past.
Cults and smaller leaders rise and Cinderfall will spark the final end to the era of the Empire.

Aand I am done. Big thanks to Alagremm for helping my sorry butt!

Level 13
Harlardir Saradon, the city of elves located in forest Sanvanairre, the land protected of a mighty shield casted from the minerals and crystals in the tree Darausir, arround the mighty tree there are several rivers and thousands of trees that then are surrounded by tall mountains which at the peeks of the mountains end the shield. There are several waterfalls and many rare plants in the woods of Sanvanairre.

Level 19
Before I start writing my character's biography, I'd like to know the general technological level of the planet, as well as magical level :)
Does the different societies rely on magic to keep things going, or are they technological advanced? Or will it differ from city to city? :)

Level 19
Double-post! Yay! Since we don't have a world map yet, I thought I wanted to list all known, and unknown locations that we have yet:
(Note: If the bullet points below are not seperated by a space, it means that the two locations are closely related to one another somehow.)

*Aiya is either the country, or continent most of the following places are placed upon, or perhaps it means the world the RP takes place in. Who knows?

*The Elven capital city, Harladir Saradon, and the mighty tree, Darausir in its center. A circular mountain chain surrounds it, of course with several passageways through, but these are probably all guarded. Oh, and it is also worth to mention the magical shield that goes from these mountains all around the elven kingdom, and above Darausir in a huge bubble. It is currently led by Elrahir Saralonde.
*Close by to Harladir Saradon lies the mountain ranges, that holds numerous orcish clans. One Orcish clan has been attacking Harladir Saradon in the past, in an attempt to steal the powerful minerals and magic crystals of the city - but the elven leader successfully defended the city against the attacking clan, sacrificing his own life in turn, however.
*Some Orcish Warlords are also known to having used a nearby infamous city surrounded by huge sandstone walls, for trading goods, hiring mercenaries, whatever. This multi-cultural city lies in the middle of a huge wasteland, and is looked down upon by leaders of most factions in Aiya, hence came its name, the Bastard. Its population limits to outlaws and shady people, who make their living by doing whatever they need to in the streets of the Bastard. The Bastard had become a powerful business empire, seated upon a surprisingly large part of the world's economy. Especially due to their seasonal gladiator tournaments.
*Somewhere, on the other side of the Bastard, lies the human kingdom(s), who obviously also despise the Bastard.

*The Quiet Wood lies somewhere unknown, on the very border of Aiya. It is home to at least one small human settlement, perhaps more, but mostly it is known for being a wild and dangerous place. The Fae Witch, Suru Bigglessworth, is the guardian of both the wildlife, but also of those who pass through. She makes her living, alone and secret, by stealing supplies from the nearby human town.

*A desert, that Paillan lived in for 20 years. Or wait, you switched character, right.

*An unknown forest that Farein Van woke up in, with heavy amnesia. This forest could be the Quiet Wood, or perhaps a forest within, or close to Harladir Saradon. Nobody knows, not even Farein Van himself.

*Somewhere, a Guild of Alchemists exist, which teaches its students the way of alchemy. Florence Flowerfield is one such alchemist, who was taught in the ways, but he left the guild and journeyed out towards a personal goal, that would be found somewhere in the wide world. This Guild could be located practically anywhere, as it is not revealed what race is in charge of it, if any. And if it's in a city, or in a town, or on a flying toilet.

Level 23
Aiya is the world itself, correct. But I guess it also serves as the continent by default, as there is only one continent.

I can't speak for the rest, but the Guild is an organisation that is spread out. So it unites most alchemists, so their quarters are located in most large cities and include any race that is willing.
There is no educational facility either, as education is done through an apprenticeship, under several masters in several cities, allowing the student to learn the ways of many different alchemists.

Level 19
I Think the desert is the wasteland, to resume 2 in 1, as a wasteland is almost a desert. I shall now add something (if you mind... or not)

1. The shadow hills: at the north of the wasteland lies a dark place known as the shadow hills, this hills extend until no one knows were, and are unexplored, any one entering there can consider himself dead. Legends tell about a city of peace and harmony at the other side, if there is another side.

2. The great plains: At the south of the wasteland, the human kingdoom, and even the elven kingdoom, lies the great plains. A almost infinite until the great ocean of the south extension of... grass (what did you expect?). Some human towns lie there, not to much as there aren't any high places to defend or make a fortress. The meteor will also strike somewhere there (if you want, as it is the biggest empty place of all time).

Level 22
City of Craftsmen: Sheriden, A Human City that located near desert but not so far from the Sea. A place where inventor invents their inventions. It also sells weapons, armors, foods, accessories. It also has a talented smith. The City consists of modest houses and a big building in the middle of the city, usually used to gather Inventors to make a new invention together.

Level 19
The forggotten town of Utopia: at the other side off the shadow hills near the north pole lies Utopia, a town where all races coexsist with monsters and magic creatures in harmony. It's a source of light and almost infinite knowledge for those who are able to reach it.
North pole: just a giant extension of ice. In the middle of it lies the feozen sphire, an ancient building to pray to the stars of the north.

Level 19
Well, in real life it looks a bit better, but a better resolution picture would had mean the map been made of several pictures.
And it's to generic? what you expected it to be? like earth? the less generic peace of rock of the universe? (siriusly, the continents on earth are yust to perfectly shaped)

Level 23
Do you know what generic means?

What I mean is, that the continent is a blob. It looks like an amoeba. There are no gulfs or peninsulas or smaller islands, no lakes. Because of that the map looks quite generic right now.

That can be easily changed though, just use your imagination and make the map more interesting, give it more variety. Making a solid blob is such a waste of a map, a map with more geographic details looks better and is more memorable.

And I recommend that you draw it on a computer. You can easily make a map in MS Paint and it will look good, be much more understandable and won't be as huge as a photograph. Here's some examples.

Level 23
We do have only one continent. But there is a difference between a continent and an island. Having one continent is not the same as having one island.

Even if we forget adding islands, that does not justify the blob. Most of the features I mentioned are applied to a continent, such as peninsulas, gulfs and lakes.

And again, why am I calling it a blob? Because it has no edges whatsoever. It is one huge smooth landmass, without any sudden turns of the coastline. Adding edges will make it much more interesting to look at.

Level 19
I agreed with Al - however, unlike me, he seemingly doesn't care for anything other than its looks. He's right that it needs all those small features if it is to look good :)
But then again, it serves its purpose, and since Al is awzum at making maps, why don't he make a new version himself, based on yours of course :)

Level 23
So it is. But again, can't really see the map that well on a photo. Just make a simple version in Paint.

And I would if I could, but I won't cause I have uni stuff to do.

As for the stuff other than looks... meh, whatever, it serves it's purpose. I think I'll just wait for the queen of this freaking group to arrive and say the royal opinion. But I imagine it won't be any huge twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.