• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Creating a secret map (how to move from original map to secret)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You cannot. Either you make it a campaign or you keep it as a single map. You can use save/load systems to store player progress and instruct them to load up the secret map. If single player you can use game cache to transfer the player state between maps however they will still need to manually load the map unless it is in a campaign.

Level 31
You cannot. Either you make it a campaign or you keep it as a single map. You can use save/load systems to store player progress and instruct them to load up the secret map. If single player you can use game cache to transfer the player state between maps however they will still need to manually load the map unless it is in a campaign.
hmm im pretty sure there is a way to move players to other map, a long time a go i played a map that did the same thing, the map had like 4 after maps, and it was multiplayer, sad can't remember the name. (i just need to transfer all players into other map, no need of saves or smth like that)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
hmm im pretty sure there is a way to move players to other map, a long time a go i played a map that did the same thing, the map had like 4 after maps, and it was multiplayer, sad can't remember the name. (i just need to transfer all players into other map, no need of saves or smth like that)
It is impossible multiplayer because where would the players get the other maps from when instructed to load them? I have never seen a multiplayer map do this. Doing it would require all players reload anyway and still you would need to save/load the player state somehow as otherwise the new map could not be fed their state.

Many maps faked being multiple maps by either dynamically making the entire map, or being a massive 480*480 map which is then fragmented into several smaller areas, each the size of some map fields.

Level 31
It is impossible multiplayer because where would the players get the other maps from when instructed to load them? I have never seen a multiplayer map do this. Doing it would require all players reload anyway and still you would need to save/load the player state somehow as otherwise the new map could not be fed their state.

Many maps faked being multiple maps by either dynamically making the entire map, or being a massive 480*480 map which is then fragmented into several smaller areas, each the size of some map fields.
well about the "s from when instructed to load them?" i was thinking about importing them directly into first map

Status
Not open for further replies.