• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating a Custom Hero Arena Map ! Need HELP! PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
People I am a young map Creator From Uzbekistan and I need HELP!!! PLEASE! I am creating some sort of a custom Hero Arena! Problems with triggering
Here is the map. People please do not just copy. And don't plagiarize the idea. I really need help! Please! If you can could you show how to do custom Hero Arenas. Or how to create "buy ability (upgradable). I need something as the map that I have attached. BroKeN's Ultimate TvTS is the map I am creating and the other map is the map that served me as the example for custom Heros. But I really can not manage to do it. Please Help me! :sad:

Attachments

• CustomHeroArena1.6c(protected).w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • BroKeN's Ultimate Team vs Team Survival v1.00.w3x
    927.1 KB · Views: 56
Level 12
Please, don't do maps that requires more knowledge than you have.
This will make your map never finish, and 99% done by others people.

And your post seems like you are yelling and running in circles desperate...

Level 3
Thank you for your opinion. But I do not think that I have not enough knowledge for this map. I have only 1 problem. And this problem is the key one. I am yelling only because without this thing I am not able to continue the map. I need only 1 explanation, that I haven't found in any tutorials. The problem is that I have some sort of Custom Hero Arena. The main problem is:
1) I managed to do that when you buy the ability you recieve it.
you can upgrade the ability
2) but ! the upgrade system was bade on the Integer- Exucution count of the trigger "something", thus when there are more than 1 player playing, then when for exapmle Player Red buys the ability A, and Player Blue buys the ability A, Player Red learns the next level of the ability , and after Player Blue learns the ability A the level of the ability is equal to the summary of this ability being learned.
3) the dummy ability that served for basic one. I used dummy abilities that do nothing, but you buy a ablility then you learn the dummy and recieve the bought one. But the problem is that I based it on Remove Ability and Add Ability thus the dummy always remains on the 1 level. And never dissapears even if the bought ability reaches the 10th level.

If ypu can't help and do not read my problem please do not tell me that I have not enough knowledge for this certain map. I am not well qualified, but it os the only problem that I ask to be solved.

P.S. All the icons and models that I have used in my map I downloaded from this site, but I forgot to mention it in the starting screen, I am really sorry, I will fix it today.

People I really need help , I wish to finish this map before the 10th of May

Level 3
I am sorry, but I am from Uzbekistan and my World Editor is Russian. Thus I do not really understand what is an array variable. could you explain it, or even more better show it (atach a picture or printscreen)

Level 12
Well...
Its a variable that you can store different things on it.

But I don't exactly know how its your system, so you may not need it.
Why don't you show us the trigger that are giving you problem?

Level 3
Saishy here are the triggers (as I said my WE is russian so sorry if there is incorrect translation)
Bash-dummy item
Passive ability - dummy ability

Bash
Event
Unit-A unit recieves an item
Conditions
(Item type of (Item being manipulated)) equal to Bash
Actions
Set Unit_with_bash = (Hero manipulating item)
Item - Remove(Item being manipulated)

Bash 1
Event
Unit- Unit learns a skill
Conditions
(Learned Hero skill) equal to Passive Ability
Events
If (All conditions are true)then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
Unit type of (Learning Hero) equal to (Unit type of (Unit_with_Bash))
Then-Actions
Unit-Add Bash to (Learning Hero)
Unit-Set level of Bash for (Learning Hero) to (Execution count of Bash
1 <gen>)
Unit- Remove Passive Ability from (Learning Hero)
Else-Actions
Do nothing

Thank you very much for attention Saishy

Level 9
You need to make Unit_with_bash an array, or else whenever a player gets the ability that player's hero get set into the variable. Or you can just make one array that stores all the heroes from everyplayer.

Level 11
to make a variable an array one, you need to go to variables, then go to your variable, and then check the little box that is under the kind of variable you want (unit, real, integer, etc) after that a box with a 1 will be available, place in there the size of the array you need (this means: that number will determinate the amount of data stored on the same variable... if you choose 10 then you will be able to store (for ie: a "unit" variable called "units") 10 different units on the "units" variable those will be "units[1]", "units[2]", etc (they dont need to be consecutive... you may use any number you want... just make sure you refer to the number of the variable you stored the data in))

if i couldnt make it easy plz ask somebody to make it easier or even in another language ^^

Level 3
OK Thanks I got it. But how will the array variable help me with my problem?
I can solve the problem with the levels of he skill of different heroes.
But my main preoblem is another one.
The thing is that all the heroes of my map have dummy ablities that actually do nothing. Then after you by an ability as I have made an example bash. When you learn dummy ability, as an example passive_ability, you recieve the ability that you have bought. I managed to do it. But when you learn the skill the dummy skill is removes, thus the dummy skill in adding points remains 1 level! Thus on 10 level you can learn 10 times passive_skill and have bash of level 10 already! And after you still can learn the passive_ability skill , while the max level of all skills is 10. So you learn the p_a skill the bash remains 10 level, you loose adding points, you still can learn p_a. I hope you understood my problem

Level 3
Trigger 1
События
Боевая единица - A unit Получает предмет
Trigger 2
События
Боевая единица - A unit Приобретает способность

Level 3
Trigger 1
Bash
Event
Unit - A unit recieves an item‚
Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) equall to Bash
Actions
Set Unit_with_Bash = (Hero manipulating item)
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Hero manipulating item) using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIsm\AIsmTarget.mdl
Unit - Move (Hero manipulating item) instantly to (Center of Active Abilities <gen>)
??Choosing?? - Select (Hero manipulating item) for (Owner of (Hero manipulating item))
Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)) to (Position of (Hero manipulating item)) over 0.25 seconds
Item‚ - Remove (Item being manipulated)
Trigger 2
Bash 1
Event
Unit - A unit lerans an ability
Conditions
(Learned Hero Skill) equal to Passive Ability
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
Conditions- if
(Unit-type of (Learning Hero)) equal (Unit-type of Unit_with_Bash)
Actions - Then Actions
Unit - Remove Passive Ability from (Learning Hero)
Unit - Add Bash to (Learning Hero)
Unit - Set level of Bash for (Learning Hero) to (Execution count of Trigger 2 <gen>)
Actions -Else Actions
Do nothing

Level 18
I think i fixed what you wanted... and it had little to do with the triggers and more to do with the abilities themselves.
check the Passive Ability fixed in the editor it is correct and does what you want.

just copy it for the other dummies. and then don't forget to change the heroes skills. in the unit editor.

if i still feel up to it i might decide to go ahead and show you how i would have went about doing this.

Attachments

• BroKeN's Ultimate Team vs Team Survival v1.00 here ya go.w3x
    925.1 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.