• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Creating a custom campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I recently played the custom campaign, the "Legends of Arkain" following the Human, Undead and Orc campaign by Shar Dundred and I've been inspired to create my own.
Problem is, when I open his campaign and view his maps to see what he has done, there are lots of things I don't know. Basically can you guys provide me links or what I need to learn in order to create a fluid campaign (Setting variables, game cache, storing heroes etc).
The most I've done with world editor is creating cinematics and evne then, that's just average stuff.
When it comes to creating quests, triggering events, setting the conditions, variables, I'm really blur. Is it even possible for a noob like me to create a decent campaign?
Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.