• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crater vs Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
How do i "turn off" water in specific locations?(so that wen i use the lower tool it looks like a crater rather than a lake)

Level 12
How do i "turn off" water in specific locations?(so that wen i use the lower tool it looks like a crater rather than a lake)

You have a few options.

A: Use the crater Doodad.
B: Use the lower height tool, not the water tool
We need more information, cant really help you unless you tell us what you are actually doing;
  • Is the "Enforce water height limits" ticked?
  • If so, just simply place lower cliffs around the area, then raise them back to normal height, and to finish up just lower the area.

Level 5
Basiclly making Dalaran Crater, the map is set so that when i lower terrain water appears after a certain point.

Also what water tool, i am using the lower height tool.
Ive considered somthing along the lines of that last idea, but i feel it may look ugly.

Level 12
Basiclly making Dalaran Crater, the map is set so that when i lower terrain water appears after a certain point.

Also what water tool, i am using the lower height tool.
Ive considered somthing along the lines of that last idea, but i feel it may look ugly.

It wont look ugly, because it removes the water under the area where you place the cliffs, and then you even out the terrain.

Causing it to look the same as before, just without the water under it.

Level 12
Mind explaining how to go about it in a lil more detail then plz, im not quite understanding it.

Okay, I dont have access to the editor at the moment, So i'll give you a drive by.

1. Set the "Water enforce height limits" to true.
  2. raise a cliff over the area you want to be a crater (So that it is hiegher than then normal)
  3. Smooth out the cliff by using the Cliff lower tool
  4. Lower the terrain where the cliff used to be.

Level 5
ty :)

mind explaining y it works, wud be much appreciated.

Edit: and how to undo it if need be, as theres actualy a few places this happns on my map and only now do i no y that is the case.

Level 5
Sorry for the bump, just wondering if anyone knows how to reverse this(after ive made crater if i need to re-terrain the area how can i make it so water once more appears), wud be much appreciated.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
As I mentioned, you could modify the .w3e file and enable the water flag for the nodes you want. The specification of the .w3e file is publicly on the net.

In WorldEdit you can crate some water by raising the terrain (A pillar) and then lowering it so you get water at ground level.

Level 5
The second method you mentioned, do you mean for having water in general, because i want to reverse the process of not having water, for example:

+1 cliff, -1 cliff, then lower and no water wich is wat i wanted. But if i want to say re-terrain the area with water, how can i reverse this so that water once again appears?

Status
Not open for further replies.