• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Copying from map to another with Object editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
You gonna make a series of maps ? :wthumbsup:

You could copy the map and change map bounds and the map playable area in the Scenario -> Map Side and Camera Bounds.

If you make it for example "Small" I don't think it would save the epic's area's in the file so it won't be big, if it does I guess you would need to just copy paste everything :wsad:

Level 29
And I never talked about terrain.

The fastest way would obviously be to copy the map file and rename it.

If you want the map to have a diffrent size (for example the first one is "main" map so its big but second one is only a dungeon so its small) you can just change the camera bounds and map play-able area.

Level 6
well.. yes you could :) but then the old units, abilities etc-- will be removed.

In the Object Editor, file tab, there's an option that is named "Export all object data" that will do as it's named and, in the map that you wanna take it to, do "Import all object data" (below export all---) and you choose the file that you exported from the first map.
You can do the same thing with triggers. you could also export sounds, but they can't all be exported at the same time..

.KC

.KC

Level 8
Yes there is a really nice tricks to do this. Export all the object data. Then open the campaign editor and import the object data.

Now open the map you want to copy the data to, and copy it from the campaign editor obejct editors, and paste it to the maps object editor.

.KC

.KC

Level 8
Nope its not the same. You export all the data, and import it again, that resault in replacing all the other datas.

The way I do it: (sorry if you misunderstood me, im not that good at english)
1. I will import the data to the campaign editors object editor
2. Then I will open the map and open the object editor (not that in the campaign editor)
3. Then you can simple copy&paste through the two object editors.

You get what i mean? if not, I guess I have to upload some pictures or a video hehe..

Level 6
i get it now ^^ nice, but it will take years if u have many units and stuff.. (cus u can only copy one unit/ability at a time, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.