• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Cooldown not triggering for triggered ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, I'm making an omnislash trigger but the cooldown isn't starting after I use the ability. I've checked Object Editor and the cooldown is definitely there, so I came to the conclusion that the problem's trigger-based.
I'm not sure if it's because of how I start my trigger:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
or if it's because I use

• Actions
    • Move OmnislashBlademaster instantly to OmnislashTargetPosition
    • ---this is later in my trigger but not after a Wait ## seconds.... ---
if anyone's experienced the same problem before, can you tell me how you fixed it?

Level 17
It is because when you start the ability the unit is instantly moved right?
To overcome this just ad a wait 0.1 sec delay to the spell :

• Actions
    • Wait 0.10 seconds
    • Unit - Move Unit_Caster[1] instantly to (Position of Unit_Caster[2])
Remember to set the units to variables as you are using a wait.

where unit_caster[1] is the caster and unit_caster[2] is the target.

Hope it helps.

Level 19
ya sure (I encountered same problem with some spells and saw problems about this on posts of ones try to make blink strike)

Level 2
Yeah Saishy's right; the mana cost works - my hero loses 200 mana but the cooldown doesn't go off

I haven't tried that .1 sec wait thing but i'll see if it works

EDIT: It worked! Thanks, +rep :eek:

Level 15
No, thats not the best way. It is actually like this:
Begins casting: The Unit close enough to cast the spell
Starts the effect: The Spell's Mana Cost and/or Cooldown is applied
Finishes casting: The unit is not interrupted until the spell's icon is no longer greenish. Meaning that the unit must actually stand there until the spell's icon becomes not greenish.

Overall, I would reccommend a short wait, as short as possible or about the same as the interval between each slash. I know mypost is quite irrelevant but I just wanted to clear some misconceptions.

Level 19
And finishes casting ability may forget its target location (Ive encountered with that many times)

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
OMG i have an omnislash abiltie but it doesn't do this ???? why /?? i used start the effect of an abilitie and it's MUI and don't use waits !!!!!!
Maybe u based of a bad abilitie try to base it of storm bolt or fire bold this should work :)

Level 6
Mith 2 triggers it works probaly it isn´t the best possibilityy, but it works.

Omnislash 1
Event
Unit - A unit Starts casting an ability
Condition
(Ability being cast) Gleich Omnislash
Action
Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Stoppen

Omnislash 2
Event
Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
Condition
(Ability being cast) Gleich Omnislash
Action
-Move .....

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Element of Water, even if it is set to 0 it still is delayed like 0.1 seconds single player and 0.3+ multiplayer.

SetUnitX/Y does not interupt the units current orders however can have a few other problems. Generally it workes ok im my experience unless you use it on unmovable units like buildings. It also allows the unit to keep moving while you move it so I am suprized people do not use it to make a sliding trigger.

Element of Water, even if it is set to 0 it still is delayed like 0.1 seconds single player and 0.3+ multiplayer.
I'm sure I heard somewhere that TSA for "0 seconds" only delays a very short time.

SetUnitX/Y does not interupt the units current orders however can have a few other problems. Generally it workes ok im my experience unless you use it on unmovable units like buildings. It also allows the unit to keep moving while you move it so I am suprized people do not use it to make a sliding trigger.
Yeah well there is the problem with pathability... that and the fact most GUIers don't know it exists...

Status
Not open for further replies.