• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cool spell idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So today i came up with a spell idea. If i would decide to make it i would put it in a map that is like DotA. Anyway spell name would be Death Magnetic and the basic idea would be that it pulls x amount of units from all over map to the caster and then make AOE effect at the point where units are pulled and stun them and then finally it would return units to where they were. That was my idea and i think it would be awsome but i just don't know is it possible to make all that happen.

Level 15
Not so hard to make... Use Position Variable, that's all :)
  • Death Magnetic
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Death Magnetic
    • Actions
      • Set CasterPos = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set Caster = (Casting unit)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to X, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Target[(Integer A)] = (Random unit from (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to Computer)))
          • Set TargetPos[(Integer A)] = (Position of Target[(Integer A)])
          • Unit - Move Target[(Integer A)] instantly to CasterPos, facing CasterPos
          • Wait - 0.50 Seconds
          • Unit - Cause Caster to damage Target[(Integer A)], dealing 300.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
          • Unit - Move Target[(Integer A)] instantly to TargetPos[(Integer A)]
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_CasterPos )
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TargetPos )
I think that's all :)
Oh and X=Number of Targets
Target and TargetPos are arrays with as many slots as many targets you want :D
Make some variables:
Target-Unit Array
Caster-Unit
TargetPos-Point Array
CasterPos-Point

To make some cool flashy animation put there some special effects after the Wait ;) (And if you want to make wait time longer Pause the enemy units, cos' if you don't they'll attack you :D)

Make a Dummy Spell and it's done :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.