• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Continuous Movement of Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok, I am making a Star Wars map, and since all Star Wars maps must have starfighters, mine does as well. The problem is that a starfighter should constantly be moving, but in-game it can stop, which is very unrealistic. I tried making a script several times to make the starfighter unit fly continuously towards its direction, but I never managed to make the script make BOTH the unit move continuously (without ever stopping) and making the unit's trajectory controllable.

So I either had a starfighter that went eternally forward of its spawn direction or one that did not move at all. My idea of the starfighter is to make it in a similar way blizzard made their TFT map WormWar, in which the unit can control its degree of movement but cannot stop moving forward. If anyone can give me a hint as to what exactly I must do to achieve this effect I'd be really grateful.

Cheers!

Attachments

• (12)WormWar.w3x
    373.4 KB · Views: 65
Level 7
add evry starfighter intro a unit group.
pick evry starfighter of the unit group and create a point infront of it(keap in mind distance and time that the order to move to that point is gona be so they can turn left right)
and check if player move spellcast.etc. to w8 som little time and redo the 20 movment thingy so if they press stop the starfighter dont stand in spot for like som time.
that should work><
EDIT: keap in mind to remove from the unit group died starfighters not to crash the game
and keap in mind to clear the 20range movment point cuz well its gona mass in little time .. dont make 20 range calculate for best one...if u dont like w8 for som1 smarter :)

Level 8
Take a look at the triggers in the WormWar map in the "Never Stop" folder. It is all in JASS so it might be hard for you to figure out.

Also, I imagine you will run into a problem with the starfighters stopping to attack. I suggest, instead of using the standard attack, that you disable attacks and create a custom spell based on Phoenix Fire, but change its duration to 0.01 and its cooldown to whatever you want the attack cooldown to be. This will allow your starfighter to fire at nearby units (unfortunately it will be random) without ceasing to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.