• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

constructable portals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
how can i make it possible to build portals by builder? (im talking about the usual portals from wc3, that are automatically used by units, if it's the shortest way)
it is really important, that units automatically use the portal, when it's the shortest way

Level 8
or you can create another unit, and add the ability "Waygate Ability" to your unit via the Object Editor. it can be a building or a unit, i haven't tried it with destructibles but i think it's also possible.

by the way, the teleport destination is a region, not another unit or building with a "Waygate Ability". i don't know if you can set a waygate's (or the unit with the "Waygate Ability") destination if it is built in-game, since setting it is usually done by selecting the unit and setting the destination region in the Editor.

Level 7
the waygate destination is a location and not a region and it can be set via triggers
in the editor you set it to a region indeed, but actually it uses the CENTER of the region, which is a location

EDIT: solved anyways

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.