• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Conscription Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I am trying to make it that my hero can "Conscript" villagers when using an ability on them that turns them into a footman or other. But I cant get it to work

Attachments

• Screenshot (135).png
    Screenshot (135).png
    5.6 KB · Views: 37
Level 5
Change the event to "A unit starts the effect of an ability".

If that does not work, try adding a debug message action to see if the trigger is even running at all. You might have duplicate Conscript abilities and are checking for the wrong one. Also, I'm not sure if the ability itself has filters to cast only on villagers, but atm that trigger would turn any unit the spell is casted on into a halabadier. Just a heads up. :)

Level 13
Change the event to "A unit starts the effect of an ability".

If that does not work, try adding a debug message action to see if the trigger is even running at all. You might have duplicate Conscript abilities and are checking for the wrong one. Also, I'm not sure if the ability itself has filters to cast only on villagers, but atm that trigger would turn any unit the spell is casted on into a halabadier. Just a heads up. :)
Thanks Comrade! It Works now!

Status
Not open for further replies.