• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Conflicts: Battlefields

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This Map is previously known as Medieval Conflicts. I decided to change the name to enable more versatility on the gameplay.

Message to game testers:

Hello! I won't be able to update this map for a while because vacation is over! Maybe I'll just check the comments sometimes, but I promise... all of your suggestions will be considered when summer vacation is here.

Use overwhelming assaults along with cunning tactics to destroy your enemies base. This game is somewhat like footmen frenzy or castle fight, but I added more units and some other aspects to this game.

This map is different from other footmen frenzy maps, because you can train specialized units that can be used to counter other kinds of units. Another unique characteristic is that here, you earn gold like the way you earn gold in maps like farmer vs hunter. You earn gold using something like a Sheep Farm building.

This game is already playable, but more updates will placed later. These updates would enable better gameplay or it would make it more fun to play.

Thank you to all of the people who created these art model files:

Pikeman's model files created by General Frank
Elite Guard, White Knight and Ballista's model files created by HappyTauren
Vanguard's model file by Elenai
Scout's model file by Ket
Trebuchet's model file by olofmoleman
Fortified Wall's model file by Misha
Guard Tower add-on's model file by Rondo
Siege Engine's model file by jigrael
Hussar's model file by Cavman

Thank you to the people who created these icons:

Vanguard's icon by antihero
White Knight's icon by Muoteck
Commandant's icon by Happy Tauren
Elite Guard's icon by Mc !

Thank you to the people who helped me test this map:

RED BARON
irock9645696
slake
real138

Change log (January 18, 2010):

-upgrades fixed
-tried to balance units
-added an anti-siege siege weaponry
-solved the problem about spawning units
-stopped auto-spawning of villagers
-added building amount limits
-removed wind wolves
-removed admiral as a requirement for Juggernaut
-reduced damage of Catapults
-removed arcane towers
-renamed admiral as commandant
-added walls and other defensive structures
-added more icons
-made riflemen harder to spawn
-added an assault and anti-structure worker
-added more heroes
-added unit stats (HP, Attack Damage, etc.) in tooltip for training units
-reduced maximum lumbermills and markets to 10 units
-enabled 2v2 player battles
-changed the maximum hero level to 15
-few minor unit changes/fixes
-re-enabled Lord Garithos and Sylvanas Windrunner
-fixed the problem about training dark knight and elven ranger heroes
-longer range for guard towers
-edited Siege Worker
-changed Elven Ranger to Flame Ranger
-changed abilities of Flame Ranger
-adjusted the maximum amount of some buildings
-changed Siege Engine
-added Hussar
-balanced a few units

January 20, 2011 update
-Massive Terrain Modification
-Removed -autovillager function

Siege of the East
171910-albums2814-picture23318.bmp

Building of an Empire
171910-albums2814-picture23319.bmp

Feel free to comment about by map. Suggestions are also very welcome!

I'll be happy to hear from you.

Keywords:
Castle, Wars, footman, rifleman, siege, footman frenzy, castle fight, assault, wall, forest
Contents

Conflicts: Battlefields (Map)

Reviews
12:13, 29th Jun 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 35
In responds to your request in my and Hubcool's loadingscreen thread about reviewing the map, here is the original request, my responds and review:

Can you review this map? It needs two players to be played. I wish you have fun while testing it. Please. Send me a message in order to inform me what is bad or what is good.

Here you go - This is a complete review of what me and my test partner felt and experienced while playing the map:

131841-albums1697-picture22116.jpg

The main points are the lack of instruction, a general unit issue (very unbalanced), more players and a lot of minor stuff which just makes a map work better; like tooltips, hotkeys so on.

Good luck with it - For now I have voted that it is not to be approved. But I will recommend it once changes have been made.

Level 6
Nice one, Kael46... You really want to get banned you 12 yr. old spoiled kid. First you write an insult on a map. Second, you send me a spam linking to a Rickroll site. Third, a Reputation point linking again to Youtube, Rickroll video. Now what?! Your old rickroll joke for a review? It will be marked as spam, your pissed me for 3 days. Don't worry, your bad actions will never be tolerated. I'll report you for the third time... A member like this on hive needs to get banned or get banned forever.

WARNING: This guy will just review your map with this words... "w0w a very nice map" or "w0w a very nice map but i will say the truth. Your Map Looks like a blah blah blah" and with a p*n*s sign... Why do the Admins don't Perma Ban him? Because he's just new and do not know the rules? OMG he don't know the rules but he's already warned for his behavior but he still doing it...

BTW, about the map. The map is not that bad as said by RED BARON. And yes, it needs some balance... nothing more to say, just warning everyone about this guy...

EDIT: Kael46's post above mine has been removed, so don't mind the 1st paragraph, just the second and third.....

Last edited:
Level 35
BTW, about the map. The map is not that bad as said by RED BARON. And yes, it needs some balance... nothing more to say, just warning everyone about this guy...

Fair enough - I too have reported him several times.

Btw: I don't consider it a bad map, I consider it a good map which requires the mentioned changes to be a truly good map. :wwink:

BtwBtw: Good to see your already doing some changes :wthumbsup:

Level 5
Hm,the download link says download castle age but it's name is Medieval Conflicts, strange why's that.
Now for the map, well I havent played it yet but I'm shure that I'll play it in 18 hours so, yeah, I can wish good luck.

Level 5
OK,game is nice,I and my friend played like 40mins cause I owned him with a massive army of Knights,Captains and Trebuchets.(the trebuchet rocks and owned his towers and wall)
I dont like much the fact that you can build like 20 lumber mills and markets cause that makes you exposed to danger and you have to build too much to be superior to the enemy.
The terrain is'nt good, it's for 2/5.Make some more doodads but dont make too much.
The army is balanced but there all the same. Like 3 units have the same dmg.(lolz, that makes the army imbalanced:gg:)
Anyway I still want to play the game wich is good for you cause 90% of the map are played once and that's all, there deleted after.
Maybe the wrost thing is that the map is for maximum 2 players and that sucks.
So you wish the creator good luck for when you play the map. Lolz, well then have fun with it and a good advice - build rifle camp.
And no, I didnt mean good luck when I play, I meant good luck with the map.

Last edited:
Level 35
Maybe the worst thing is that the map is for maximum 2 players and that sucks.

And no, I didn't mean good luck when I play, I meant good luck with the map.

Hehe - And yea some more players (like 2vs2 would increase the fun of them map as I also mentioned in my review, so maybe thats also a thing he will change).

Anyway due to the changes I have changed my vote to acceptable.

Level 5
If you do it 2vs2 it will be perfect. And please balance the whole army.
My vote for your map is acceptable and it will be even better if you update.

Level 5
OK, now it's pwnage time.
Terrain, you really have to work on it.
Have to improve the heroes cost and change their hp cause the most elite dude has 225 hp and the Mountain king on level 1 has 700.(That makes the hero a demigod:xxd:)
And change their spell's dmg cause they pwne.
Why does the captain have the Defend the Castle ability. When he's upgradet to White Knight he has 195hp but is says he has to have 225hp. And also what's the diference between the Captain and his upgrades beside the block spell.
When you have a hero and you dont have Keep, the standart heroes(Archmage,Mountain King and Paladin) can be made only when you upgrade to Keep, but the Ranger and the one who rides a horse can be still made.(And really add them names)
The siege builder is uselles cause he makes a weaker than the other builder's tribuchet.
And he is swoller than the other builder,and he isnt even human.
Last thing, make the Archer Tower with a bigger range(900-1100).

Well, that's it for now, but there will be more I ashure you:ctwist:.

Level 35
Have to improve the heroes cost and change their hp cause the most elite dude has 225 hp and the Mountain king on level 1 has 700.(That makes the hero a demigod:xxd:)

Yea - that one I forgot to mention... melee heroes are also better in the long run, as the spell heroes abilities does not level after they reach 10, but the heroes still gain xp and levels, so the spells should follow through. This is just a minor thing though.

Level 6
As i know, Mangonels are Catapults mounted in a tower for defensive purposes, so in short it is a Defensive Catapult/Trebuchet... I saw mangonels in the game Stronghold 2. And Trebuchets, Catapult, Onagers are Siege Weapons that could be used against Humans and buildings. In Humans it is best to use it against tightly formed phalanx or any other formations that are tight, it is because they are easy targets against Siege Weapons, and in buildings... do i need to explain this?... Btw The three Siege Weapons that i write above are debris or rock throwing Weapons but different in Size, Range, and Style or Blueprints... that's what i know about them... think this could help...

Level 6
Hold on everyone... Updating this might take a while... 4th quarter of the school year is here... It's starting to get bloody here at school... I'm currently working on the undead's Dark Spawn(a non-attacking unit which can be converted to a pikeman, archer, or shield infantry). The dark spawn was inspired by the Thrall Master unit from LOTR BFME2:Rise of the Witch-King. Maybe during the vacation... maybe...

EDIT:
I'm very sorry but the undead faction is cancelled to make room for fixing leaks.

Last edited:
Level 6
o so a unit that can change at will to a pikeman, archer or shield infantry? and back to original form? or just once.

Just once... A unit that is able to change again and again would be too much. Also, the unit will not change automatically. You'll have to change it according to what you need.

edit: the undead faction is cancelled in order to make room for fixing leaks

Last edited: