• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Computing unit bounty (gold upon kill) from a replay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is it possible to do it for every instance of it throughout the game? Like when a unit does not have a fixed bounty (e.g. between 45-53)?

I've read some stuff about Warcraft III replays and the bounty gold data is not in there. But if this can be reproduced when playing the replay, could there be some way to compute it from timestamps or seeds?

I just want to try to make a DotA replay parser in the future and I'm wondering if I could deviate from the good old way of taking the costs of items bought throughout the game for net worth statistics.

Last edited:
Level 12
There is no way to extract this information from the replay file alone. Replay files only store necessary information (player inputs + seeds) so that by executing same actions game engine can reproduce the same game. They do not store redundant information such as resources of players, happened events, units on the map...

Status
Not open for further replies.