• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Computer or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello all
I might sound like a noob right now, but im decent at making maps
but...
Say i create a map with 4 players right? I have two forces one of the human controlled players and another as the bot. 3 of them i make as selectable players and the last one i make as a computer, why is it when i start the game it shows me in force 1, with three open slots (that's good so far) and then force 2 with one open slot. How would i make a computer automaticaly be there with his own name like i see in most maps

Level 2
kk
will try that as soon as i get out of school
lol
i post stuff and look around on this website when im at school
and do my hard map work at home
+rep for you guys :gg:

Level 5
dude, I know how to fix your problem, what they said above doesnt actually fit with what you need. So what you need is to go to "Scenario" then "Player Properties" there will be a little table, if you want your bot to have a specific name change the left column at the player number (where your bot is) to whatever name you want it to have. To make it always stay like so and that you wont be able to change if it is computer or not, you need to select "Computer" in the "Controller" column. Also dont forget to tick for all used player and computer slots the "Fixed Start Location". Thats it man, your prolem is solved :D

Level 4
dude, I know how to fix your problem, what they said above doesnt actually fit with what you need. So what you need is to go to "Scenario" then "Player Properties" there will be a little table, if you want your bot to have a specific name change the left column at the player number (where your bot is) to whatever name you want it to have. To make it always stay like so and that you wont be able to change if it is computer or not, you need to select "Computer" in the "Controller" column. Also dont forget to tick for all used player and computer slots the "Fixed Start Location". Thats it man, your prolem is solved :D

Guiso, please read what was posted before you man, i already answered :p

Level 5
OMFG!!! En_Fuego maybe you got some troubles with reading??? It says in my post clearly all the steps!

And l2aziel I ment that your post wasnt describing it as much as possible... You see the guy that asked this question didnt even know how to do this simple thing, so I had to write it in max details...

Level 15
OMFG!!! En_Fuego maybe you got some troubles with reading??? It says in my post clearly all the steps!

And l2aziel I ment that your post wasnt describing it as much as possible... You see the guy that asked this question didnt even know how to do this simple thing, so I had to write it in max details...

Mm, you forgot the 'fixed player settings'.

Either that, or the text isn't showing up on my monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.