• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
This hasn't been spurred by anything recently, but I thought I'd put it out there for the future anyway, just in case.

I'm addressing complaints that we've recieved in the past, and that i'm positive we will recieve in the future. There is always someone out there asking "why is this not done yet?" or "where did wc3sear go?" or "I liked sear better, why don't you do this and this and this to make it better?"

You see, Ralle is providing you a free service. This site, which you choose to access, is created for your use, and Ralle does not charge you a cent for it. There is no legal contract binding Ralle here, because you have not payed anything, so really, you have nothing to complain about.

Ralle, from the kindness of his heart, created this site, and kept it free, so that everyone else here could use it and enjoy it.

Because you do not pay to access this site, if Ralle were really evil, he could close it tomorrow, and all of your work on here would be gone. Let's say you were reformating your HD and you uploaded the only copy of your model pack onto here, and the next day tyhe site had closed down. There wouldn't be a damned thing you could do about it.

Ralle isn't evil, and he would never do anything like that, but it goes to show, you can't complain, because this is free. Sure, if you were paying for it and something like this happened then perhaps you could do something about it, but if you don't like the way things are run, then don't choose to access the site.

Just a friendly reminder to whiners and moaners everywhere :)

Level 32
Consider us reminded, furthermore:

1. As a general rule, for most users it's usually a good idea to search the site for a related topic when one has a question or complaint. It may already have been addressed or answered in the past.

2. If something REALLY SERIOUS pops up it is definitely preferable to post it in the Admin Contact forum rather than shooting one's mouth off on the public boards. Ralle created it for that (among a couple of other) important reasons. Note: REALLY SERIOUS STUFF ONLY: please remember to read the rules before posting there.

3. As to just normal whining grumbling and complaining, I suppose we can expect that there will always be a fair bit of that: everyone has their "bad days." Rule of thumb: Cool off and think twice before posting: hostility usually encourages only more of the same.

Level 36
Exactly! Search is your best friend in this one. Because if you're new here, and you don't like something, chances are there's someone here who's already complained about it. So do a search and see how it went, and if you really, really, really think it needs a change, then submit a post in the Admin Contact forum as Wolverabid stated.

Level 27
I still miss the wc3s layout a little, but anyways the hive is way better now (exept for WoW models -.-, btw a little thing about WoW models was that i dont care about the units but mostly about the trees and the other doodads. Just in case you know :p) because it has taken over wc3s and also more (even more features coming). Lets say i did never complain, and im feeling quite home here already =)

Level 5
Ralle is awesome. there should be like a "We love Ralle Map" and a "We love Ralle so lets all make him a model/artwork/sound each month"

tho i reckon this site has a prob with how its resources are arranged, i looked in the space category, and there was only 1 model in there, when there are at least 3 spaceship models on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.