• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Combining Unit Indexers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I recently started working with the Wc3 WE again.

I am in the process of realizing a mazing tower defense map.

After some research i found the IsPathBlocked System by Nestharus Link (really awesome work)
which in my opinion is the best way to check if a player is going to completely block the path of the creeps.

It took a while until i understood it enough to implement and compile it in my own map.

Now the problem where i need some help is, is that i already had a system implemented in my map, which also uses an unit indexer like IsPathBlocked.

It's the GUI Damage Engine by Bribe. (also really nice work) Link here

I read about the problems with two different unit indexers in this thread but i don't know how to make both systems use the same indexer nor do i know how to create a wrapper or adapter for one indexer as suggested in the thread.

I hope someone is able to explain to me how i get both of these systems to function properly in my map.

Thanks in advance, Holzkopf

Level 2
When i disable the indexer that came with the damage detection system, it stops working entirely.

When i disable the indexer from IsPathingBlocked the trigger IsPathBlocked misses the indexer as requirement. I tried fixing that by referring to the enabled unit indexer but then i get multiple errors when compiling the map unfortunately.

EDIT: Maybe the best way to solve this would be to use another damage detection system which uses an unit indexer which is more similar to the one from IsPathingBlocked... But i don't really know

EDIT3: Removed triggers again to keep this thread clear.

Last edited:
Level 31
Well, if you know vJASS, here's a damage detection system made by the same author as IsPathBlocked and UnitIndexer

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/dds-damage-detection-system-231238/?prev=mmr=6

Just click on Examples and you'll see most of the features of the thing. If you open the map and look at the examples in the map, those will cover every single feature there is with comments explaining what is going on.

The plugin pack also contains a folder with the system + all plugins made by the author.

If you don't know vJASS, then there is also looking_for_help's GUI interface to his system, which does not rely on any unit indexer.

Level 2
First, thank you really much for your answer, Nestharus!

Unfortunately my vJass knowledge is at a bare minimum at most, if not nonexistent. I would have loved to use your DDS plugin but that would make things too complicated for me (and my needs i guess) at the moment.

I imported looking_for_help's GUI DDS, deleted and cleaned up the old one and at least at the moment it seems like all my damage detection needs are fulfilled and your awesome path blocking algorithm is up and running :)

It's really great to see how an absolute beginner like me gets excellent support from very experienced people in this community. I'm a big fan now!

So thanks again, shoutout to looking_for_help and keep up the superb work and support!

Status
Not open for further replies.