• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Color Change for Specific Units

Level 4
Hello,

I would Like to ask for help I'm making map where I have multiple "factions" under 1 Player specifically Lordaeron,Ironforge and Kul Tiras.
Wondering if there is any way to make trained units change color but only for specific ones for example player's color is Blue , but I'd like for trained Ironforge Units to be orange.
Now I've tried to tick Art- Allow Custom Team Color to true and even changed the color to specific one , it works when you put the unit in editor but not when you train them during gameplay.

Appreciate any reply in advance.

Hello,

I would Like to ask for help I'm making map where I have multiple "factions" under 1 Player specifically Lordaeron,Ironforge and Kul Tiras.
Wondering if there is any way to make trained units change color but only for specific ones for example player's color is Blue , but I'd like for trained Ironforge Units to be orange.
Now I've tried to tick Art- Allow Custom Team Color to true and even changed the color to specific one , it works when you put the unit in editor but not when you train them during gameplay.

Appreciate any reply in advance.
You would need to create a trigger to do this.

A basic one would be:

Event - A Unit Finishes Training
Condition - Trained Unit equal to (Dwarven Warrior)
Action - Change Colour of trained unit to orange.

Level 4
1705699076761.png

So I've cooked up this but it doesn't seem to do the trick could you please tell me if there is anything I need to switch? ^^

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
(Triggering unit) always refers to the first "unit" mentioned in the Event. So in this case the Event says:

A unit owned by Player 14 (Navy) finishes training a unit

So (Triggering unit) is referring to the building that produced your Footman.

But you need to rely on an entirely different function to get the Trained unit-type:

trained.png

And then refer to the (Trained unit) in the Actions section:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Change color of (Trained unit) to Orange
The final product:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit owned by Player 14 (Navy) finishes training a unit
  • Conditions
    • (Trained unit-type) Equal to Ironforge Footman
  • Actions

Last edited:
Level 4
(Triggering unit) always refers to the first "unit" mentioned in the Event. So in this case the Event says:

A unit owned by Player 14 (Navy) finishes training a unit

So (Triggering unit) is referring to the building that produced your Footman.

Instead, you need to rely on an entirely different function to get the Trained unit-type in your Conditions section:

View attachment 459245

And then refer to the (Trained unit) in the Actions section:
  • Actions
The final product:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit owned by Player 14 (Navy) finishes training a unit
  • Conditions
    • (Trained unit-type) Equal to Ironforge Footman
  • Actions
That did it! Thank you sooo much!