• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Color animations not showing in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So for the first time I used Geoset Animation to have a model change color during its different anims.

I am very pleased how it turned out in Magos working on the mdl. I remembered that there can be problems saving mdl to mdx in Magos so I used the Matrix Eater converter instead.

Now the finished mdx, imported into the game, does not at all use color anims.

A previous version I did as a test worked fine, but then again, in the latter case, the color was just a simple "use color" not linked to sequences (shows up in the Stand animation, does not change).

Added the mdl and the mdx.

Attachments

• Darwin IV Rugose Floater complete.mdl
    210.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Darwin IV Rugose Floater complete.mdx
    77.9 KB · Views: 10
Level 13
Your mistake was have the colour animations in the geoset animations have values from 0 to 255.
These values need to be from 0 to 1 instead.
You'd have to convert your RGB integer values to values ranging from 0 to 1.
Write me PM if you need further help.
Thanks a lot! That was a relatively easy fix now :grin:

[That being said, in case anyone else runs into this (or I myself need a reminder some day), I added the corrected model below.

For the conversion, you basically divide the RGB number by 255. A bit confusing, the Red and the Blue seem to get switched up in the conversion, so you do

RGB values
{Red, Green, Blue}

0-1 values
{Blue/255, Green/255, Red/255}

and then you continue tweaking the values as needed.]

Attachments

• Darwin IV Rugose Floater complete new colors.mdx
    79.9 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.