• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Collision Missles and Channeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Alright, I need help with creating collision missiles and channeling spells made through JASS. With the collision missiles I've been looking around and it looks like i just create a dummy unit and use set x and set y with a timer but how do you check for the collisions? And for channeling spells, how do you tell it to stop when the caster stops channeling?

Level 29
I think the only way is by creating a unit group each time the dummy moves and checking if there is someone else in the group.

For the timing, change the thing called Follow Time or something like that.
I usually just set it to zero. Never tried to find what it actually does.

Level 3
Hmmm, I see what you mean, but what about stopping it when it hits trees and such, will they appear in unit groups under the right circumstances?

Level 9
Trees are destructables so they won't be included in unit groups. You have to use this for destructables: native EnumDestructablesInRect takes rect r, boolexpr filter, code actionFunc returns nothing.
Don't know if or what that is in GUI. Afaik you can't detect doodas.

Level 3
Hmm... so I'd have to perform two checks periodically? That seems like it could lag very quickly... anyone have an example I could dissect and look at? The missiles in the map "Battle Mages" are kinda the type of thing I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.