• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Codex of the Keys RPG

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
  • Angry
Reactions: -Kobas-
This is the Codex of the Keys RPG the upgrade of Blade's of the North, I am releasing this version because I am moving onto a TFT RPG and starting a dev team which means I am stopping this production. This map is accessible through world edit if anyone wants to have a little fun with it. Or even maybe learn a few tricks of the RoC trade

War3 Vers: Reign of Chaos
Genre: RPG
Use: Fun, experiment

Known Bugs:
-The attack sometimes gets off course with the defense the timers (if you play for a while) become unbalanced for some reason which is a fix I believe.
-Butcher seemed to work during testing but when I ran it with a few friends bugged out

Updates from BOTN to this vers:
-New bosses
-Terrain Updates
-New quests
-Smoother game play
-Way more stable
-Improved questing
-hero's updates
-Class items
-Lots and lots of bug fixes

Note: This is not a "Perfect" RPG there are still a few problems but this is the excitement of learning so check it out use what you want all I ask is for a little credit perhaps? Its not a requirement but it would be nice.

Do have fun and tell me what you think its all here for you to use. If you are interested in my new RPGI should be announcing it shortly.

Keywords:
Codex of the Keys, RPG, RoC RPG, Reign of Chaos
Contents

Codex of the Keys RPG (Map)

Reviews
22:25, 16th Feb 2011 -Kobas-: Map Status: Rejected Broken Rules: / Comment

Moderation

Codex of the Keys RPG
Created by TimeDead ; Uploaded by: TimeDead

Honestly buddy map is in really poor...
It can be better but you need to fix so many things, well lets start!

First thing that I didn't liked was missing map loading screen as well as map preview image. RPG means power, my friend, create epic loading screen with warriors you use ingame on it, it will better present your map.

Second thing is hero selection system, grrr so poor, no tooltips no nothing, I was only player and there was units owned by missing players, also I was able to see 30% of whole map :sad:

Finally I picked hero and saw blizzard created spells :sad:
No custom ones, you just for example added roar to paladin (Icon look poor, as well as special effect or ability name/description, there was no cooldown and manacost is set to 100, and that's big number for str hero with 200 mana total)

There was no any kind of system to display progress and so on, commands are poor and not recommend, use powerful multiboards my buddy, as well as dialog buttons or custom created interface systems, people just love to see those!

Now terrain...
Very poor, weak, empty...
Map miss large number of environment doodads as well as lightning and special effects (I don't speak about fire doodad)
There are no custom doodads or destructibles :sad:

And for the end interface, completely untouched.

Hmmm. Lets now talk about triggers:
  • Leavers
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
      • (Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Has left the game
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + Has left the game!)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
+
  • Leaver2
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
      • (Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Has left the game
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 15.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + Has left the game!)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 3 (Teal)) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
+
5 more triggers
=
  • Leavers 1
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set_bj wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Triggering player)) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
and
  • Leavers 2
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer i) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Player(i)) slot status) Equal to Is unused
            • Then - Actions
              • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Player(i))) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
            • Else - Actions

• Hills1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters HillsNospawnzone2 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill (Entering unit)
+
  • Hills2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters HillsNospawnZone1 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill (Entering unit)
+
few more
=
  • Hills1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters HillsNospawnZone1 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters HillsNospawnzone2 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters Hillznospawnzone3 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters HillsNoSpawnzone4 <gen>
      • Unit - A unit enters HillNospawnzone5 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)

• Flames
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Entrence221 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Entering unit) of type Key of Flames)) Equal to Key of Flames
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in trees1 <gen> and do (Destructible - Kill (Matching destructible))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Random point in trees1 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Random point in trees1 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
      • Trigger - Turn off Flames <gen>
=

• Flames
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Entrence221 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Key of Flames) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Random point in trees1 <gen>)
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in trees1 <gen> and do (Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible))
      • Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Key of Flames) from (Triggering unit)
      • Item - Remove (Last dropped item)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())
Well I can go like this through whole map but try to do something yourself!

Please use Frozen Throne World Editor, you will be able to improve your map even more... Honestly maybe 1% of whole wc3 community play ROC.

Also you won't be able to clean leaks or do things like I did in ROC WE, why to make bad maps when we can create epic ones!

Also can you please stop with multi uploading, use update button instead!
Blade's of the North RPG v1.4 [Rejected]
Blade's of the North RPG v1.6 [Rejected (until updated)]
Those 2 maps are same like this one (well earlier versions).

Sorry buddy ↓
Map status: Rejected

Broken Rules:
/
Thread Cleaned:
/