• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Code "overlay"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, I'm looking to edit a mod that has a long history of being edited by different people, but throughout this process, the code doesn't seem to have changed much, but later versions have used some weird code-overlay process. It manifests in a way that if I take a modern version of the map and start editing it, it will revert to a much earlier version of the map, which suggests that the modern changes have been implemented as some sort of overlay that gets disabled upon editing. For example, there is some text on the map that says "260%" in the modern version and after I edit the code, it will revert back to "180%" which makes sense since "260%" isn't present anywhere in the code.
Are you aware of some mechanism that would do this? I'm thinking some hash-table shenanigans, but there is also some sub-string weirdness in the code, where they'll make a random string, and extract a single letter and make words to be used later.
I've attached the two maps, the code is identical except two lines
local string udg_MapName="Random Farm TD"
//call UnitAddItemByIdSwapped('texp',udg_unit12)
The first is to get the map to run, it won't without it, and the second is to avoid the game crashing.

Attachments

• Random Farm TD 0.57.w3x
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • Random Farm TD 0.57.w3x
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.