• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Code for HoC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am in need of a system (not near any Save/Load or whatever system)which can save simply an integer to a player name. I need to save a player's BP (Battle Points) into a Variable and save it so that it can be loaded once the player is playing again.

If this is similar to any Save/Load code, I am sorry, I could not find one.

This is a small request from a person not so familiar with these types of systems, please help me.

PiCk

.KC

.KC

Level 8
How can you say this is a small request if you dont know how to do?? But yes it is a small request.

What you need is a Save/Load. If you tell me what the max lenght of the integer in the variables is, and the max player. I maybe could do this for you

Level 5
EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it. Thanks a lot! Going to test it now!

EDIT*2: It seems you cannot load when restarting a game. You can only load if you saved in the sae game. eg. If I save, I cannot load if I make a new game, I can only load in the same game I saved in.

HELP ON THIS PLZ?!

Last edited:
Level 5
No it doesn't, maybe only for player 1 yes

EDIT: Could anybody or madcat2 please tell me what is wrong. Only works for Player 1 and you have to be the same player to load your code. I need something where you save, it saves the BP to your name. You can be any player even if you weren't that player when you saved. Do you mind redoing it this way? At the moment it is really not working. BTW, would this trigger (my BP earning system) affect the saving:

• Kill
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Killing unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Battlepoints[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Battlepoints[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 225)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Killing unit) is A Hero) Equal to False
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Battlepoints[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Battlepoints[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] - 800)
            • Else - Actions
              • Set Battlepoints[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Battlepoints[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] - 250)
          • Set Battlepoints[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Battlepoints[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] - 250)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Dying unit) is A Hero) Equal to False
          • ((Dying unit) is A structure) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Battlepoints[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Battlepoints[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 15)
          • Set Battlepoints[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Battlepoints[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] - 25)
        • Else - Actions
And also this to show BP, I think when you load it becomes "Value", the way you set it?

• ShowBP
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -bp as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -bp as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -bp as An exact match
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -bp as An exact match
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -bp as An exact match
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -bp as An exact match
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -bp as An exact match
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -bp as An exact match
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -bp as An exact match
      • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -bp as An exact match
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing -bp as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 25.00 seconds the text: -------------------...
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 25.00 seconds the text: (Your current BP is: |c0080FF80 + (String(Battlepoints[(Player number of (Triggering player))])))
      • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 25.00 seconds the text: -------------------...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.