• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Code Basics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
That triggering stuff is GUI. Jass is the scripting language behind it! I suggest and recommend to start with GUI before Jass.

A lot of people discuss that GUI sux due to its inefficiency. Well, actually they are right. With Jass you can control the efficiency a lawt and certainly better than with GUI. Make small steps before you rush through it all and confuse!

Level 9
If you just want coding, pick a language and go for it. Visual Basic is very good and similar to JASS if you want to learn the basics of most programming, like if/then/elses, loops, arrays, etc.

If you cant find a VB compiler, try out VBScript, which has plenty of tutorials also and can be run on any Windows computer through notepad.

GOOGLE IS YOOR FRIENDZ, MKAY.

edit: For any people who are going to bash me for saying Visual Basic is very good, I meant for learning programming.. pleez dont flame me :(.

Level 29
edit: For any people who are going to bash me for saying Visual Basic is very good, I meant for learning programming.. pleez dont flame me :(.

/me starts a fire.
VB is a piece of crap.
/me throws Mooglefrooglian into the fire.

On another note, I am sure (*cough* sarcasm) that by "code" he meant programming...

Status
Not open for further replies.