1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Cobblegard

Submitted by HonorisCreed
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Cobblegard
In an extensive mountain biome rich with gold lies a small meadow. Excellent location for a settlement, a nation that would hold such a position would gain in power & therefore it is a place of great conflict & bustling commerce. There are rumors of a dragon's nest on top of the volcano, some say they are lies told among the people to scare off wandering bandits.

• [​IMG] Players 2
    [​IMG] Creep Camps 2 2 1
    [​IMG] Neutral Buildings 4
    [​IMG] Gold Mines 2

• [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• [8/27/2019] Re-made the whole map.

• You can find more of my maps through my profile.
Contents

Cobblegard (Map)

Reviews
Supernickman 32
Not a full review, but still. Map was pretty average, but here are the things I noted and that you should look into: 1) You should try to make map more symmetrical, because right now one side might have more trees then another, which gives player on...
eubz
Cobblegard Submitted by HonorisCreed This map really needs more work. 1. The terrain is just too bald and tree are not distributed well enough for the competing players. 2. Even thw spacing of trees are out. You will need to take a closer look with...
mafe
Well, I'm sorry, but unfortunately this map is not compatible what constitute balanced gameplay. Or with what most melee players would enjoy. Just to give you a short list of things that are usually absolute no-gos on other maps: -Main bases cannot be...
  1. Supernickman 32

Supernickman 32

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not a full review, but still.

Map was pretty average, but here are the things I noted and that you should look into:

1) You should try to make map more symmetrical, because right now one side might have more trees then another, which gives player on one side an unfair advantage of having more trees;
    2)You forgot about Night Elves during the making of this map, and because of that they cannot mine from the Gold Mine in the top right side of the map, as their Ancients are unable to entangle the gold mine;
    3)Creep camp placement seems odd, that also should be changed up;
    4)Terrain could be also improved

Overall you had put some(perhaps alot) of effort into this, but due the things I listed I don't think it will get approved until you fix the said issues.

2. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    see ladder maps, see others maps, read tutorials to improve your melee knoledge

3. Yahya

Yahya

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anything new yet?

4. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cobblegard
    Submitted by HonorisCreed
    This map really needs more work.
    1. The terrain is just too bald and tree are not distributed well enough for the competing players.
    2. Even thw spacing of trees are out. You will need to take a closer look with the pathing.
    3. Almost all units have item drops wow, this should not be. Please, do take a look at warcraft 3 maps about how item drops are distributed among hostile units.
    4. What have you done with the terrain heights. There are no variations and is flat in many places. Aargh, those mountains! Please fix this.
    5. Rocks are hanging in some places.
    6. Overall, you will need to learn more on how to create a melee map. Please, do look at our mapping tutorials and go back into this map for improvement.
    Thanks.

5. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, I'm sorry, but unfortunately this map is not compatible what constitute balanced gameplay. Or with what most melee players would enjoy.
    Just to give you a short list of things that are usually absolute no-gos on other maps:
    -Main bases cannot be walled of.
    -Itemdrops are unbalanced, i.e. a creep can items of highly variyng strengths. Just us the standard "lvl x item of class y" pattern.
    -No tavern.
    -No shop.
    -Not enough creepspots.
    -No expansions.

@eubz also has posted some issues, and all of them (except 3) still exist and I agree with all of them.

My best tip for you to improve with making melee maps would be to play a ladder games or watch some streams like back2warcraft and explicitly pay attention how players interact with the maps and ask yourself: "What are the players doing and could they do this on my map?"
    And then it is also important to aks the other way around: "What could happen on my map that does not happen on normal maps?"
    I know if you are new to making maps, it is very tempting to try all sorts of unusual stuff and try to create something unique. But imho it is much more important to learn how to make "normal, boring and unremarkable" maps first.

As it stands, this map also cannot be fixed easily without being also entirely remade. So I have to set it to substandard.