• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

"Click" area around hero too big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've been doing some map editing and imported a custom model. But the problem is that the "clickable" area BEHIND AND TO THE SIDE around the hero is just too damned big! In front of the hero is perfect. This could be ignorable.... except all of the units insist on killing their own hero whenever moving close to it.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any options in WE to help and am even MORE inexperienced in model editing then map making ;). Any help?

And... While you're here ;).... I've been having trouble with getting a specific item to drop on a hero's death. You can either buy this item or kill a boss to get it to drop. I want the item to drop if that hero's ever killed to make more of a death penalty so that other players are allowed to pick it up.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Level 8
In object editor check the setting 'Art-Selection Scale'. See if making that smaller helps.

If this is a collision issue this would be Pathing- Collision Size.

If the circle is just off from the model then the model needs to be fixed... I do not know the shape of the model or how it lines up with its center.

Dropping items from heros:

If placed in the editor you can select the unit and hit enter - you can set what drops from the second tab that comes up.

If this is something the hero carries, then you will need to use the trigger:

• Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Last created unit) in slot 1) from (Last created unit)
Last created unit would be the specific hero unit - you would assign a variable to the hero upon its creation or its training.

If this is just an item death drop then you need something like this:

• Revive HERO Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Mountain King
    • Actions
      • Item - Create Tome of Experience at (Position of (Dying unit))
If you have assigned a variable to your hero you would use that as condition.

If you have several hero types you would use the condition OR:

• Or - Any (Conditions) are true
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Mountain King
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Blademaster
      • (Dying unit) Equal to ARADZELL
In this case if a hero type of Mountain king dies OR Unit type Blademaster or the variable assigned unit Aradzell dies your action would take place.

Level 22
This is called 'selection circle', it's in the object editor in the statistics of each unit. I'm sorry I don't have the game with me, here. By decreasing the value of the selection size you in/decrease the circle. Also there is selection height - you can change values if your circle is above your unit you can decrease the value. Select a value and use Shift+doubleclick the selected value to be able to change a value to negative by typing say -1.5 if 0 is still too high or too big. Don't use values = or < 0.01 because that's pretty small and cannot be selected.

You can select the value from object editor> items tab to drop item on death. If you want to do other things like making an item undroppable, etc, it's all among the item fields.

Level 4
hoorah! Thanks all =)

Combined a little of first and second for something like...
If a unit dies, is a hero and carries X item, remove X item and create X item at position of triggering unit. (sorry for the non-GUI).

BUT, I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong on the model... I've been gradually reducing selection height to -50 and scale to .10 and it's still just as bad as when I started. I really want to get some more beta testing done, so I decided on preventing that particular hero until we can figure out what I'm screwing up =P.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.