• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

why wont items drop upon death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
In the Object Editor, I've already had the hero's value set to "true" in the field: Editor - Can Drop Items On Death. Yet still in gameplay, the hero still attains the items upon resurrection and nothing is dropped upon death. Please help.

Level 8
In the Object Editor, I've already had the hero's value set to "true" in the field: Editor - Can Drop Items On Death. Yet still in gameplay, the hero still attains the items upon resurrection and nothing is dropped upon death. Please help.

Do you have the hero set up to drop an item either via trigger or if placed by selecting and hitting enter and making a drop for the hero?

Or are you looking to have a hero drop a random item from their pack when they die?

If so that will require a trigger.

Editor - Can Drop Items On Death only enables the ability for them to drop items - it does not mean that they will automatically created and drop an item upon death.

Level 3
thanks

thank you. I just need something in general. no specific item or anything, just wanted ALL items dropped. again thank you!!! your assistance is no longer required. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.