• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

City Survival: Overrated

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: The Wolf Studios
City Survival: Overrated
Created by BokkerPlaysWar3

Map Info:

It's basically a Normal survival game where the players have to defeat the threds of the city by:

Defeating Bosses!

Destroying magical books!

Using strategy!

Importent!

The only way of getting gold (besides killing creeps) is destroying barrels around the city.
Keep in mind that these barrels will NOT respawn, so the amount of gold is limited.

Features:

Awesome models

Intense gameplay

Teamwork

Custom abilities

Custom Items

Screenshots:

Image Description:
Some of the Heros

246751-albums8338-picture100200.png

Image Description:
Some of the landscape

246751-albums8338-picture100198.png

Image Description:
The only way of earning gold.

246751-albums8338-picture100199.png

Image Description:
Orc attack

246751-albums8338-picture100197.png

Credits:

Special Thanks:
My Brother For Testing It With Me

Models:
  • Dark Soldier
    By Freddyk
  • Crusader
    By PROXY
  • RoyalFootman
    By HateCrew
  • Royal Captain
    By Tranquil

The Future

I hope to create more "City Survival's" in the future with more heros and more Action!

Added:
  • Small fixes
  • New Map Icon
  • Hints

Author's notes

Please keep in mind that I am new to WE, so don't expect that everything is set up pefectly. Some of the triggers are Youtube copied, so I will properly not know how to fix them if you find any mistakes.

I hope you enjoy! :)

Keywords:
Survival, City, Overrated
Contents

City Survival: Overrated (Map)

Reviews
19:57, 17th Jul 2015 Shadow Fury: Map set to needs fix.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

The basic concept is good, but as The Wolf Studios implied, you could work on it more.

Look at some tutorials here on Hive ( CTRL+F for keywords like 'Terrain' or 'Forest') and get into the topic.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

If you develop a map and you would like to receive feedback and ideas, then the map development section is a good place to present your map and project

Level 21
Oh dear, the map is awfully full of leaks. Every time you spawn a single unit, you create a memory leak and if you don't destroy it appropriately, you'll suffer from lag in late game. Everytime you use "Random point in region" and "Center of region", you cause the leaks and I see your triggers are filled with them. To help you remove them, read this tutorial. Notice that you are breaking one rule of the Map Submission Rules with this issue.

Let's talk about the map itself now. As others said, you really need to work hardly on the terrain because currently it doesn't look pleasant. The main reasons are the lack of decorations, the flatness of the terrain and the lack of tile variation. Take the villages for example. They are mostly made of buildings and trees, the classical cheap terrain that many people get stuck with. I would also like to inform you that Blizzard's cliffs are notorious for being ugly and generally disliked by the majority so I'd recommend minimizing their usage. In addition, don't make the ramps so tiny otherwise units get clumped together and block the way. If one picks a melee hero, he may not be able to fight the invaders on ramps.

Gameplay wasn't good either. The abilities of all heroes are nothing original or unique (mostly copies of default ones), making your heroes less enjoyable than they could potentially be. You should try to customize your skills as much as possible. Additionally I would recommend increasing the range of the archers as they're supposed to shoot from long distance. Something like 1000 should work fine.

Overall the map is set to needs fix due to the presence of multiple issues (the gravest one is the leaks). Please also work on the other points I mentioned.

Level 2
I know I have worked on this project for a long time. But I have thought about it and I have dicided to delete the map. Mostly because it will take forever to repair and I rather create some new exiting content then use hours and hours on fixing old.
But also because I didn't want to wast you modraters time on me asking: Is this and that good enough??.

And I'm already working on my next project using all the knowledge you people have taught me, and my experience with WE has also increased alot.

And now that I know how leaks are created I will also know how to fix them using the tutorial you have showen.

I am sorry to have uploaded a map that needed this much fix.

And I will of try to avoid this in the future.

Thank you. :)

Level 21
I know I have worked on this project for a long time. But I have thought about it and I have dicided to delete the map. Mostly because it will take forever to repair and I rather create some new exiting content then use hours and hours on fixing old.
But also because I didn't want to wast you modraters time on me asking: Is this and that good enough??.

And I'm already working on my next project using all the knowledge you people have taught me, and my experience with WE has also increased alot.

And now that I know how leaks are created I will also know how to fix them using the tutorial you have showen.

I am sorry to have uploaded a map that needed this much fix.

And I will of try to avoid this in the future.

Thank you. :)

Why are you giving up so soon? :(
Fixing the leaks is not so hard as you think. I had a map of mine that was extremely filled with leaks but in a matter of a few days they were nearly totally removed. It's not that hard.
In addition, it is my duty as a moderator to re-check needs fix maps once they are updated. I wouldn't mind if you asked me everyday to re-check your map because it is my job.
Lastly, if you really want to delete your map, so be it. I would still recommend not to do so.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

The map submission is for maps considered finished and fully playable.

You might, as I suggested before, rather use the map development forum for updates while you learn creating maps on a professional level, if you intend to do so.
There you get much more feedback and suggestions :)