• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

City Guard Tower (Beta Model)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
exlr.gif

I decided to upload some of Beta/ Alpha models that were never released in the retail game. This is City Guard Tower, it was supposed to be used in Cityscape tile-set as a doodad. It fits very well with the cliffs.

Credits: Blizzard Entertainment, Genin32.

Keywords:
City, Scape, Tower, Guard Tower, City Guard Tower, Cityscape, Doodad, Interior, Cliff, Cliffs, Beta, Alpha, Model.
Contents

City Guard Tower (Beta Model) (Model)

Reviews
13:27, 6th Jul 2014 MiniMage: Rejected for reasons mentioned in the PM.

M

13:27, 6th Jul 2014
MiniMage: Rejected for reasons mentioned in the PM.

genin, stop uploading these low quality "rip models" and start doing your own models.
No one needs these.
Truth has been spoken.
This model is practically 3 unanimated boxes with a pyramid ontop with a "custom" texture that is already ingame, but you are too lazy to remap it, so instead you upload it to have a 160 kb model, when this model can actually be less than 5 kb. And thus it has no underground part so it will levitate unless placed on a flat terrain.
Stop uploading rips! You could have remade this model for less than a minute, but hey, let's upload ripoffs cuz its fun. -.-

Clam down people, you are not gonna change my opinion. If you don't like it then don't comment, because right now you are being childish. To state Blood Raven's invalid opinion I will say that this model works perfectly and has been tested in-game. It will work on all terrain types, to be clear enough:
5yswhu.png
First, we are not going to change your opinion. Opinion on what? Uploading rips? Fine then, embrace rejection.
Second, we are going to comment on whatever we wish to comment on. The hive is a forum and is intended to be commented on. You just stated that you do not want critism or suggestions, which means you only want pointless "omg nais model lel 5000/5 im use it" comments that do not help you in any way except highening your ego that is already going trough the roof.
Third, you have to lower and bury the tower and hide 50% of it in order to avoid the visual bug that is fixable by simply extending the lower part of the model? Is it so hard, or you just can't model?

If you cannot model, then you shouldn't upload models. How hard can it be to place a few boxes and edit them?

EDIT: Oh, seems like I forgot to rate this 1/5

Last edited:
Level 49
Clam down people, you are not gonna change my opinion. If you don't like it then don't comment, because right now you are being childish. To state Blood Raven's invalid opinion I will say that this model works perfectly and has been tested in-game. It will work on all terrain types, to be clear enough:

there's nothing "invalid" about BloodRaven's opinion. it is in fact, true, as the model does not need any sort of custom textures. there's already same textures in the mpq.
also, i'm dying to know what the next WoW rip will be. please do upload more of these..models..