• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Checking for any new unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey.

To get it out of the way right at the start, you can hit me with JASS scripts too, I understand and use them just fine.

Looking for a way to detect any freshly spawned unit, including trained units, trigger-spawned units, summoned units. Basically everything. This is the reason I feel the need to ask; I'm positive I have a way of achieving this outlined in my mind already, but I want to make sure I'm not forgetting some edge case somewhere. And someone might be able to show me if there's some added difficulty I'm not thinking of.

No unit indexer replies, thanks.

Level 5
I think the below should work:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
  • Conditions
    • (Unit - type of (Triggering Unit)) equal to YOUR_UNIT_TYPE
  • Actions
    • Trigger - Do stuff with Triggering Unit

That was the very first thing I thought of. The reason I made this thread is the chance someone might have experience with this, and might know some obscure edge case where something like that fails.

Edit: Guess not then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.