• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Checking for a current animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I was just inspired after looking at one of the spells in the spell section that i just had to ask if if could be done. I was wondering if you could get 1 unit to play the same animation as another unit. It sounds simple enough but both aren't controlled; one's independant and i want to be able to track it's animation. So for example, if i have a blademaster that performs his attack animation, i'd have a shadowy blademaster on him that would perform the animation just a fraction of a second after him, giving sort of a trail effect. And when he's running, have a shadowy image running the same way slightly behind him to make him seem faster. Something like that.

Level 11
Unfortunately that's not able. It would be a cool idea but it's not possible. Atleast not if you control the blademaster's animations (which is bullshit IMO but you could try to make it natural). So all you can do is what I mentioned before. A serie of triggers is necessary so you can make the Blademaster act normally.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.