• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Check Terrain at Position of Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is it at all possible to check the type of terrain at a position of a unit?

I've been trying to create a projectile collision system for quite some time now, and specific to my game, I would need a 'check terrain at position of *' condition.

Is this at all possible in Star Craft 2? If so, please inform me.

-
If this isn't possible, could someone please give me insight to what I could use as an alternative?

Level 4
Yeah, I was debating to use regions - but it would be very inefficient and tedious for my map.

Although, I do have another question, come to think of it. Would it be possible to check if a unit is in range of a doodad, actor or model?

Level 4
Oh man.. I just found it out. For anyone who wants to know how to check custom pathing, look below. It uses the built in 'pathing' layer, whereas in my system you place "no pathing" in the areas you want your projectiles to stop.
The condition is labelled as "Points Connected By Pathing"

The condition includes:

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.