• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chat-related question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Samuraid said:
We will not be getting an IRC server here. Not only would it require a significant amount of work to bring it to the level of features and integration that the current chatroom offers, but IRC tends to be a higher-risk DoS target (yes it is, in fact, as much as you don't want it to be), and the current server and connection are nowhere near sufficiently protected to host an IRC server. Not to mention, hosting IRC is against many ISP's Acceptable Use Policies.

Something along the lines of this.

Plus, the fact that Ralle designed the chat allows more customization, and you have to be registered on the forums to use it.

Level 28
Seems reasonable. I just wondered because whenever i enter the chat, my pc begins to start lagging..

but you don't have to host a whole server to chat - my old forums solved it by just creating a channel in one of the existing networks.. anyways, seems i got to deal with it ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.