• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Charm makes creep drop items. Anyway around it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhx

vhx

Level 3
Once a creep is Charmed if that unit were to drop it item, it will drop it once charmed. But say I wanted to use a temporary charm effect. Currently, I have the whole skill setup and it works, but the creep definitely drops its item, most likely hard coded. Is there anyway for it to not drop it? Basically want to prevent abuse from someone just running in, doing a temporary charm, taking the item and running.

I am not sure how to do this, I assume it is because the unit itself does not have any bags or any place to store the item? How would I go about creating a temporary storage (variable?) for the item that is suppose to drop and then adding it back to the creep once it's done being Charmed?

Kind of an annoying thing for just one skill, but wondering if anyone could help.

vhx

vhx

Level 3
So I guess this is impossible?

Might as well just change the spell I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.