• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Charging Spell help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Could anyone help me with a "Charge" type spell? I'm trying to make it so my unit runs full speed at a target, pushing any units (allied or not) out of the way and dealing X damage. The units that are pushed out of the way should slide away from the caster, but only enough to make a path. When the unit hits its target, it deals Y damage.

I tried a search on Slide spells, but I didn't get the type I wanted. Thanks for any help! :)

Level 2
Well you're ambisious. Heres a rough idea for you. You Could make your a trigger that make your unit move towards his target by and order. Then make that hero fill a variable. Another trigger would detect if a unit came into a certain range of this unit. Get a dummy unit to damage this unit and make a trigger command to move this unit instantly out of the way of the hero. But i'm not sure if this will work its just a base idea

Jimmie

Level 2
Cool, thanks. The only thing is, instead of being moved out of the way instantly, I wanted the units to slide smoothly back. Thanks for the other stuff though.

Level 2
read the other spell on this forum on star wars spell i gave a push spell idea there maybe you could use that.

Jimmie

Status
Not open for further replies.