• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Charge/Leap ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How would I make a Charge ability like Barathrum's Charge of Darkness in DotA or just a Warrior's Charge in WoW? Or a leap ability like the Barbarian's in Diablo? I know you have to make a crow form attachment or something...but that's all I know lol. Help is much appreciated/needed! thanks ! :D

Level 3
You could try this one out...
It's only a charge that doesn't jump or fly or anything....
Based on Dota's Charge of Darkness
I know the special effect is horrible, iam not master at special effect manipulation

Attachments

• Charge.w3x
    39.6 KB · Views: 395
Level 6
Advice: pay attention to your flying height of the Leaping unit, I use counter systems that run using Integer variables. so I work something out to were he gains height while moving for the the lower numbers 1-5 and then still is moving forward but decreasing height for the higher counter numbers 6-10. This would be if I used a counter system checking 10 times.

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
Advice: pay attention to your flying height of the Leaping unit, I use counter systems that run using Integer variables. so I work something out to were he gains height while moving for the the lower numbers 1-5 and then still is moving forward but decreasing height for the higher counter numbers 6-10. This would be if I used a counter system checking 10 times.

This will create a triangle shaped jump. If you want a parabola you'll have to use a 'real' variable which saves the units instantaneous z velocity. Then in your periodic system, you reduce the unit's flying height by that value and then decrement your variable by some "gravity" constant (try starting with something like 10. :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.