• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chapter III: Juggernaut

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Contents

Chapter III: Juggernaut (Map)

Level 14
Well, Chapter III is finally finished. Please try it out and leave some comments. I'd very much like to know what you think.

To ensure the storyline makes some sense to you, be sure to download and play Chapter I and Chapter II as well:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=5678 - Chapter I: Dark Dawn
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Maps&ID=5680 - Chapter II: The Dream of Blood

Have fun! And read the .txt file!

-Soul Reaver

Level 3
After many attempts I was finally able to destroy the Juggernaut without cheats. 8)
I don't know if this is a bug but there is a possibility,after killing the Juggernaut the trees keep on walking and walk also on the boss while the three heroes talk to the druid.I not consider this a bug but the trees go back effort because there is not much space.Except this the rest is perfect! :twisted:

Level 14
RestInPieces: Ok, cool, let me know what you think when you've played it.

Evil_Arthas 87: Do you mean that the treemen walk over the Juggernaut during the final cinematic?

If that's the case, then the bug you're mentioning is of some concern to me. It's definitely not supposed to happen. I thought I'd triggered it so it wouldn't happen (and it didn't happen to me when I was playtesting) but I'll check over it again.

And thanks for the other praise. I'm glad you like the map. :)

Edit: Bugfix. Hopefully this update will prevent the bug Evil_Arthas 87 mentioned. If anyone sees the bug happening anyway despite the update, please let me know.

Level 14
Very tiny bugfix - the buff text for the Juggernaut's Chaos Firestorm wouldn't display fully before. That should now be fixed.

Evil_Arthas 87: That's great to hear. Thanks. :D

Edit: A major memory efficiency upgrade. Let me know if the new triggers cause any weird things to happen!

Edit: Update! Includes a small (but plot-related) additional bit of dialogue. Improvements made to the Blooddrinker Possession and Celerity abilities so that they work more effectively now. Celerity has also been improved, and the Abyssal Mass has gained an armor boost and has had its Permanent Invisibility removed - this is actually an improvement, since the Permanent Invisibility reduced the effectiveness of the Abyssal Mass' damage aura.

Level 1
Review
-just so ya know i have all 3 chapters
-this is tons of fun
-great effects,storyline,characters and gameplay
-my only turn off is that "to the bitter end" series is very very difficult
-But also a challenge for the experts
-the spells are unique for each character and fit they're personality and character theme
-like Fei Serumens spells are associated with blood because he's a vampire lord
-spells can also be combined with the items to inflict more damage or have special effects
-personaly I LOVE THE SHPERE OF ANHILILATION
-This game is a great take on the RPG genre
-Its fun,deep,unique,and a challenge

:twisted: 5 out of 5 :twisted:

Level 14
Whew, sorry for the super-late reply Spitshank. I've been having a lot of trouble accessing www.wc3sear.ch from my home internet connection for some reason. Thanks lots for the extensive and positive review. I agree the games are hard, but to me, victory is only sweet when you have to sweat blood to get it. :D

Chapter 4 is in the works, but my current commitments (a thesis I'm working on) are eating up a huge amount of my time. I am making progress though and I hope to have it done before the end of November at the latest. Wish me luck!

Level 2
Not to make you rush or anything but it's december and i really wanna know what happens next. P.S. Took me forever to get past chapter one i kept getting caught by guards :oops:

Level 14
Hey Leo. Sorry for the slow reply. The problem was that I got an additional load of work that prevented me from finishing the map before I had to go overseas.

In good news: I'm back and working on Chapter 4. Hope to have it finished in a few days.

And sorry for the month-long late reply, but I didn't get back from overseas until a short while ago. Sorry. :(

Level 1
Hi Soul Reaver
i only registered to this site cause i wanted to comment on ur 3 maps

they`re fantastic
i love the characters
the music is great
the story promises some tough fights to come
the maps are hard but as u mentioned before victory is only sweet when it was hard work to achieve it

cant wait to play the fourth chapter

got only one question (besides the coming of the 4th chapter :wink: ):
there are some more chars mentioned i think in the first chapter
if they all appear and all have that many skills and items with abilities as the first 3 chars how am i as the player supposed to handle so many skills?
could get a bit confusing
on the other side so many chras promise much power which is never bad :twisted:

hope to play more of ur maps and soon!

ArchEnemy

PS: if my english sux im not drunken or dumb, its just not my native language :wink:

Level 14
UPDATE: There's an official site now, which includes tons of stuff including a huge manual with background on the setting and characters! Check www.familykrieg.com/tothebitterend/ Note that the site's bandwidth is limited but I'm not sure HOW limited, so please don't download from it unless necessary or I will have to take the downloads down.

ArchEnemy: Glad you like them. :) They've been updated now in various ways, including an important bug fix. Plus, Chapter IV is now available here: http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=7839. Hope you'll get a chance to play it!

As for the heroes... well, actually, it IS possible to control them all. It's just very hectic. But don't worry, I keep track of the difficulty level so that it's never impossible - just very, very hard. ;)

Edit: The map has been updated! The newest version features various bugfixes and skill balance changes, as well as a really stylish new loading screen! Lightning Storm, Blood Plague, Abyssal Summon and Psychic Blast have all been improved, so those skills are all more worthwhile now.