• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chapter 2: Into the Void

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Chapter two is currently in the making. Terrain is a bit more than half done. Gameplay and functions has not yet been seriously started. Story skeleton is done, but it needs a lot of fleshing out.

Here you can view pictures from the development of the next three maps that will be included in chapter 2. Feedback on anything is appreciated! :D

(major spoilers in blackened areas)
Outland.png

Void Teaser.png

Void Teaser 2.png

OutlandFirstLook2.png
FirstLookIngame.png
Dranei Village.png

Dranei Village 2.png
Prison Bridge.png

Fae Forest 1.png
Fae Forest 2.png
Fae Forest 3.png
Fae Forest 4.png

Terrain made by @Wareditor, continued by me.
Hellfire Fortress 1.png
Hellfire Fortress 2.png
Hellfire Fortress 3.png
Hellfire Fortress 4.png

Last edited:
Level 26
Longer than I think.
I always start those maps thinking I could finish them within a month or two, but they end up being really complicated to make good.
However, I'm almost done with the terrain for all three maps in chapter 2, so it shouldn't be too far after that. :)

Impossible to say really, but chapter 2 could be finished in 3 weeks to 3 months time.

Have you played the first chapter already? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.